"The Dark Knight Rises" Title, What do you think? [POLL]

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.

What do you think of the title: "The Dark Knight Rises"?

It's phenomenal! I Love it! Nolan has done it again!
7%
It's actually pretty awesome!
13%
It's good, I don't have anything against it.
34%
I'm indifferent.
15%
I don't like it, but I don't hate it.
19%
Man, the title is just BAD.
7%
Oh my God it's an awful title! I can't believe Nolan completely missed the mark on this one.
4%

Total votes: 113

AlexHaas wrote:
RomanM wrote:Oh that Mission Impossible title is bringing the cheese... in large doses too.

Anyway back to the crappy---errrr fantastic new Batman title.
At least neither of them are as bas as Transformers: Dark of the Moon.
As does most things Transformers, the title makes no fucking sense.

If The Dark Knight was called something else this title would have been good... but The Dark knight rises is over the top and completely alienates Batman Begins... its funny because BB has 2 words TDK has 3 and TDKR has 4... I hope there is a god damn good reason for a title like this.

Well I posted this before, but do you think people had the same problem when "The Empire Strikes Back" came out? :mrgreen: I mean before that it was just "Star Wars". (new hope was added later, i believe) TDKR is a mouthful but it comes out kinda poetic, like Cellar Door.

I don't like it now, but I feel it will grow on me.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Like people have stated before, the main problem here is that it distances itself too far away from "Batman Begins" (the superior Nolan-Batman film film IMHO). When "The Dark Knight" title was revealed, I went for it (and I assume most other people did as well) because it was the first film not to have the word 'Batman' in its title, and yet it was still relevant to the character. Personally, I was always hoping it'd be something along the lines of a graphic novel title ("The Long Halloween", "The Man Who Falls", etc.). I don't mind "The Dark Knight Rises", but it seems to much like their capitalizing off "The Dark Knight"'s success (I mean honestly, when I buy my ticket for this film, it'll be easier just to say "The Dark Knight").

Honestly it isn't bad at all, it isn't what we all expected, sure, but its still good. plus when does Nolan ever do anything that we expect completely? Either way it says everything it needs to, its especially fitting with the way TDK ends.

I'm not a huge fan of the title, but it's not going to take away my excitement for the film. I'm sure TDKR is still going to be amazing, I'm excited to see if Nolan can top TDK (I think he can!).
Batman-News.com
The Premiere Source For All Things Batman
Twitter / Facebook / Google+

definitely still try to like the title, but will have to wait till some more detail to judge....

Rise of the Dark Knight is better imo lol though its still cheesy :lol:

Hate it.

i guess my main thing is i wanted this film to feel unique, and to not just be the dark knight 2, which the title suggests....
having said that, i really doubt the story will be anything but unique and a fitting end for batman.
so excited now