"The Dark Knight Rises" Title, What do you think? [POLL]

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.

What do you think of the title: "The Dark Knight Rises"?

It's phenomenal! I Love it! Nolan has done it again!
7%
It's actually pretty awesome!
13%
It's good, I don't have anything against it.
34%
I'm indifferent.
15%
I don't like it, but I don't hate it.
19%
Man, the title is just BAD.
7%
Oh my God it's an awful title! I can't believe Nolan completely missed the mark on this one.
4%

Total votes: 113

Cilogy wrote:
solo2001 wrote:I've read alot of different suggestions for what TDKR should be called, and I gotta say the majority of them are just banal. I don't think this is just me being cynical because there's no real consensus on what it should be called. I've yet to see anyone gather a petition to change TDKR to a specific different name, so far it's just been "The Dark Knight Rises sucks! And it should be... different."
I won't start a petition because I've accepted the fact that this is something I will have to live with.

Nolan's influence is too strong. The only kind of negative thing about Nolan that I've found is that it doesn't seem like he listens to his fans. He assumes to know what we want, and he has been right most of the time.
It's a good thing he doesn't listen to the fans, or else we'd have Johnny Depp as the Riddler and we would've never had Heath Ledger's outstanding performance. The fans, most of the time, are stupid.

chee wrote:
Cilogy wrote: I won't start a petition because I've accepted the fact that this is something I will have to live with.

Nolan's influence is too strong. The only kind of negative thing about Nolan that I've found is that it doesn't seem like he listens to his fans. He assumes to know what we want, and he has been right most of the time.
It's a good thing he doesn't listen to the fans, or else we'd have Johnny Depp as the Riddler and we would've never had Heath Ledger's outstanding performance. The fans, most of the time, are stupid.
Yeah I guess so.

I just wish he was more vocal on the internet. :(
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Should have been Shadow of the Bat or Knight Fall or Dark Victory or Vengeance of the Bat or I AM GOTHAM or Batman:Redemption or 3atman

/sarcasm.

Nolan knows what hes doing.

THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS was my first and only choice, but since we all know about that Miller graphic novel...nope. It's still TDKR though, only with more grandeur - RISES. I like it. Only wondering how are they going to make it ''cool'' in other languages, like Croatian - here it will be more like ''The Return of The Dark Knight'', cause rises is just...a bad word here.

Cilogy wrote: Yeah I guess so.

I just wish he was more vocal on the internet. :(
I doubt that's gonna happen anytime soon, Nolan doesn't have e-mail! Or even a cell phone!! He says it gives him more time to think :D

He even said his first "mp3" device (iPod) was the one Zimmer gave him with 3 hours (already loaded on) of the WIP Score for TDK and alot of what he was playing around with for the Joker theme.

Although I agree it clears his mind, he needs to wake up and smell the megabytes some day.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.