Do you think TDK Rises will surpass TDK's box office sales?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.

What will earn more at the box office

The Dark Knight
39%
The Dark Knight Rises
61%

Total votes: 62

^^^

I think NO

No.

Jay
Worldwide I think it definitely will, in the US I'm not so sure $533m is a big f'ing number to beat.

It's got a serious shot at being the first movie to have a $200m opening weekend and if that happens anything is possible.

i hope to god it beats avatar's sales.
you never really know.
shit...my head still hurts coming from my 6th viewing of inception.

im calling it now: 120+million the 1st day. if properly marketed,of course.
"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

-David Ayer on Suicide Squad.

thenextnolan wrote:i hope to god it beats avatar's sales.
you never really know.
It won't have the added increase of 3D ticket sales, I really don't think it has any chance at all of beating Avatar.

Yes. TDKR will surpass TDK(or at least make as much). My guess is..it will make 350-400 million in North America(NA) & 700-750 million overseas(OS). TDK made about 500+ million in both NA & OS

why I think it will surpass? because:-
-Previous batman movie was TDK
-Chris Nolan's Inception made close to 300 million (NA) & 530 million (OS). He has more fans now(OS) than in 2008(especially after inception). The trailer is going to say 'from the director of The Dark Knight & Inception' :)
-Opening Weekend: The ticket prices could go up by July 2012 (IMAX - 20 & regular - 12) & Warner Bros. would do a saturation release..pretty much have shows(in NA) 24/7 during the opening weekend

Lets hope Nolan puts together another stellar cast for TDKR.
Last edited by cvic on October 27th, 2010, 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cvic wrote:Yes. TDKR will surpass TDK(or at least make as much). My guess is..it will make 350-400 million in North America(NA) & 700-750 million worldwide(WW). TDK made about 500+ million in both NA & WW

-Chris Nolan's Inception made close to 300 million (NA) & 530 million (WW). He has more fans now(WW) than in 2008(especially after inception). The trailer is going to say 'from the director of The Dark Knight & Inception' :)
-Opening Weekend: The ticket prices could go up by July 2012 (IMAX - 20 & regular - 12) & Warner Bros. would do a saturation release..pretty much have shows(in NA) 24/7 during the opening weekend

What pocket universe do you live in? The Dark Knight made $533 million nation wide and a little over a billion world wide and Inception has made $290 million nation wide and $815 million world wide...

i think it'll make more money, but everyone will say TDK was better, no heath ledger, etc

CrazyEight wrote:
cvic wrote:Yes. TDKR will surpass TDK(or at least make as much). My guess is..it will make 350-400 million in North America(NA) & 700-750 million worldwide(WW). TDK made about 500+ million in both NA & WW

-Chris Nolan's Inception made close to 300 million (NA) & 530 million (WW). He has more fans now(WW) than in 2008(especially after inception). The trailer is going to say 'from the director of The Dark Knight & Inception' :)

What pocket universe do you live in? The Dark Knight made $533 million nation wide and a little over a billion world wide and Inception has made $290 million nation wide and $815 million world wide...
you are right...I was trying to say overseas(other than north america)..not Worldwide..post corrected

I think it will make about 900 million, somewhere in between Inception and TDK.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.