Do you think TDK Rises will surpass TDK's box office sales?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.

What will earn more at the box office

The Dark Knight
39%
The Dark Knight Rises
61%

Total votes: 62

Hmm, I could be wrong but I think TDKR will not surpass TDK because of the "Ledger-effect". Im from Europe and have many friends in France and England, when TDK came out here many of the people just wanted to see TDK because of Heath Ledger's performence as the Joker, It was all over the news of him getting a Posthumous award for the role.
But I do think TDKR will make more money then Inception

Antabus wrote:Hmm, I could be wrong but I think TDKR will not surpass TDK because of the "Ledger-effect". Im from Europe and have many friends in France and England, when TDK came out here many of the people just wanted to see TDK because of Heath Ledger's performence as the Joker, It was all over the news of him getting a Posthumous award for the role.
But I do think TDKR will make more money then Inception
But if you look at Inception's box office, you'll see that a lot of people went to go see it due to the advertisement "by the director of The Dark Knight."
Inception made a crap load just by TDK; TDKR will definitely make a lot of money, maybe surpassing TDK.

Yeah, but ''from the director of TDK'' is nothing if you don't have a movie to back it up. TDKR will have plenty of backup ;)

It doesn't really matter to me if TDKR makes more money than TDK.

I just care about the overall quality of the film. It's going to make money regardless.

Yeah, Despite The Dark Knight has made an exceptional $533 millon in US, Foreign Gross will easily beat TDK.
TDK actually struggled too much in total because of non-release in China and 'Japan, South Korea's' hatred in Batman series, even though it was a truly breathtaking movie. Well, I am Korean and in fact, after TDK, people seemed to change their minds about Batman (We used to think it very childish... imo... sad.) and everybody was just overwhelmed by the film.
+ Inception also made a huge success with 5.9 million viewers, $40 million. It's country's 2nd top grossing of the year.
(First one is our action film.... starring top star Won-Bin) So people will be interested in seeing From the director of
TDK and Inception. I'm sorry I was just talking about my small country but 'From the director ofTDK and Inception.' will be a
very good promotion inernationally. Japan, I'm not sure it will probably do bad but hope it tops TDK.
Sure UK makes about $90 or over. And also TDK's success could make people more into it + there are some people
who regret because they have missed it from watching in theaters.

Overseas - Yes.
US - Not sure. Probably TDKR will end up making about the same or slightly lower.

I definitely think The Dark Knight Rises can take on The Dark Knight. One word: IMAX.

TDKR will, most certainly, have more IMAX scenes than TDK.
Nolan: "We’re looking to do something technologically that’s never been done before."

Think about how many more IMAX theaters that will have opened between 2008 and 2012. Not the mention the increase in IMAX ticket prices. I paid $12 to see TDK in IMAX and now the price is $17 here. It could be over $20 per IMAX ticket by the time July 2012 rolls around.

Even if less people go see TDKR, it could still money more money than TDK.

it decrease domestically and increase overseas.

The cast will surely help too (Christian Bale & Michael Caine was the reason I went to see BB). Bale, Caine, Freeman, Oldman and Hardy is a terrific lineup, and many people who loved Tom in Inception will see him in TDKR.

It depends on the actors, villains, and trailers.

If Nolan can somehow manage to get DiCaprio or some other big name, TDKR is instantly successful.