Do you think TDK Rises will surpass TDK's box office sales?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.

What will earn more at the box office

The Dark Knight
39%
The Dark Knight Rises
61%

Total votes: 62

cvic wrote:The trailer is going to say 'from the director of The Dark Knight & Inception' :)
Or it may actually say: "From Academy Award Winner Christpher Nolan, the director of The Dark Knight and Inception"

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum but an old Chris Nolan fan. It's a pleasure sharing with you our admiration for this genius director.

I believe there is an excellent chance that TDKR will gross more than the Dark Knight. Often, the third movie of a trilogy grosses more than the second movie:

Spider Man II: Worldwide $783,766,341
Spider Man III: Worldwide: $890,871,626

X men II: Worldwide $407,711,549
X men III: Worldwide $459,359,555

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers: Worldwide: $925,282,504
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King: Worldwide: $1,119,110,941

The Bourne Supremacy: Worldwide $288,500,217
The Bourne ultimatum: Worldwide: $442,824,138

On the other hand, in these trilogies, the third movie did not make more: Matrix, Pirates of the Caribbean, Rush Hour, Mission Impossible, Blade, and others.

There seems to be a rough correlation between the overall quality of the second film, and the overall gross of the third. There is no glaring examples better than Spider Man and X Men. In the trilogies that have a poor second film, the third film tends not to gross more.

JRM
willyjoel wrote:
cvic wrote:The trailer is going to say 'from the director of The Dark Knight & Inception' :)
Or it may actually say: "From Academy Award Winner Christpher Nolan, the director of The Dark Knight and Inception"

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum but an old Chris Nolan fan. It's a pleasure sharing with you our admiration for this genius director.
:wave: Welcome.

No Riddler and this title... need to ask?

It will

I think it will get as much like Inception has gotten.

It will definitely surpass TDK's sales. Domestically it might about the same as TDK but the overseas story will be completely different for TDKR. First of all it will definitely be released in China this time. Going by the awesome sale Inception has made there( last time I checked it was around 70 million, which is mind-blowing for a single country other than u.s) and second of all Nolan has earned many more fans since his release of Inception. In India itself I can assure you that Nolan has earned the reputation of a master film -maker after the release of Inception. Inception was a major event in India. When ppl in india see the "FROM THE DIRECTOR OF TDK and INCEPTION" on the posters, the will throng to the theaters like anything. I can safely assume this scenario for many other countries too. And we all know that Inception surpassed TDK's foreign sales by a huge margin. TDKR will definitely outdo inception.

So its a definite YES from me.

100%

I predict greater IMAX sales, an increased fanbase (Inception made new Nolan fans and TDK made Batman fans of people that weren't before), and a higher overseas percentage making TDKR a slightly bigger success than its predecessor.

theweatherman wrote:I predict greater IMAX sales, an increased fanbase (Inception made new Nolan fans and TDK made Batman fans of people that weren't before), and a higher overseas percentage making TDKR a slightly bigger success than its predecessor.
Well the fanbase will increase, that's for certain, but it won't be that significant. I feel like TDK achieved that sudden rise in people appreciating Batman more.

IMAX sales will go through the roof.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.