The Facts: What We Really Know About Batman 3

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Here is what we really know. The facts:

* Christian Bale will be fitter than ever
* Tom Hardy is playing a character
* Nolan is directing

It's been over two years and this is all we have. WB loves their fans!

We also know that the movie is going to be about Batman. :)

chee wrote:We also know that the movie is going to be about Batman. :)
Yes! I missed that one. LOL!

It is written by Jonah and Chris Nolan based on a story by Chris Nolan and David S. Goyer! and it comes out on July 20th, 2012.

Also it's the "finishing of a story" as Chris put it.

I'm really hoping that with the news of Hardy coming on board, some actual announcements will be following soon.

postal wrote:Also it's the "finishing of a story" as Chris put it.

I'm really hoping that with the news of Hardy coming on board, some actual announcements will be following soon.
This is the bit of information that intrigues me the most. That quote from Nolan tells me this film is going to go in a very different direction than Dark Knight. and for that simple reason, I believe--if there even is a central villain--that it will be someone none of us would have ever guessed. Nolan made it clear that Dark Knight was about blowing up the story in scope and in terms of characters. On this film, Nolan has said that it's not about blowing it up, but in fact finishing it. IF this is any indication, I believe we're in for something very intimate and unique. I truly hope so.

Nice idea for a thread, mate! :-)
It would be great if you could update the opening post with the facts as and when they keep coming, so that we can have all the relevant info about Batman 3 in one spot itself.

kanjisheik wrote:Nice idea for a thread, mate! :-)
It would be great if you could update the opening post with the facts as and when they keep coming, so that we can have all the relevant info about Batman 3 in one spot itself.
I would, but it won't let me edit the original post fro some reason.
Last edited by sallygucha on October 20th, 2010, 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You guyz think there's some chance of Batman actually dying? I mean... I dunno, Nolan tends to be controversial but a liiitle bit on the pesimistic side (at least in Memento and Insomnia) and maybe the only reason that he hasn't already killed the bat is so that he intended to do it in the third movie. I mean I do realise how absurd this sounds, I'm not sure if batman has ever died in any of the comic books that are not suggesting the idea of a young batman and I also know how this might piss the fans off and so on, but this is Nolan and... do you think there's a possibility of him daring to go that far. I dare not speak my mind any further lol. I mean it's not like I want him to die but...