Batman 3 synopsis

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
talli wrote:
Mr.Hmmm wrote:No, it's not self-betrayal, 2-3 minute screen-time may be devoted to honor Ledger's portrayal. And mysterious murders, again firstly, how could redemption be possible or presented in the movie without even touching those murders? Secondly, there is something mysterious on our hands and we seriously think that Nolan wouldn't use it?

its not as mysterious as youre making it out to be

i could careless who harvey killed, because it was never made to be a big deal by Gordon....Gordon didnt say, he kiled so and so....he made them all a statistic, because who harvey killed isnt important, its important that he killed them.
If Gordon said "3 people dead" then it would be statistics. Because known deads are three: Maroni, his driver and Det. Wuertz. The other two are unknown. Don't we all know Nolan, he always sets the stage for something. That's why I'm a fan, I love his complex thinking.

whatever you say buddy

prepare to be disappointed because i guarantee you that wont be anywhere in the plot

talli wrote:whatever you say buddy

prepare to be disappointed because i guarantee you that wont be anywhere in the plot
I don't have a "black or white" thinking, so don't worry about me.

I think The Riddler should be the main villain. A secondery villain for me could be The Great White Shark or The Black Mask. I don't think The Penguin fits in well with the Nolanverse unless he makes him more realistic like a mobster from Russia or something. I think in this episode there should be more mayhem in Gotham and Batman's identity in peril. A new love life for Bruce but I don't think Vickie Vale could make it. Maybe Batman could deal with emotions distracting him from his duties. Oh, and also Fox could get arrested because the police know that he is the only one who could've gotten the gizmos for Batman. Anyway The Riddler and The Black Mask (or Shark) plan on holding Gotham for ransom right when Batman decides to quit or lay low. Batman should be drawn weaker by the police, the mob and The Riddler. Maybe Dent should be revealed. Technally, I think that in this movie Batman starts rethinking his double life and the police, the mob and the villains all find Batman's weak spot. I think you all get my point. Nuff' said

Hello people. I am brand new here, but this looks like a great site to get some feedback. I have had a plot for Batman 3 boiling in my head for half a year now. I am getting an outline done, and I really think this is a good plot that would work well. It is something that maybe I could pass onto Nolan's agent if I can find him/her. If it is given to him/her, I wouldn't care for credit, I just want to get a plausible and workable idea in. Now this is an incomplete outline (very beigning of it, really). There is a flashback intro to the time line of the Dark Knight. This is extremely crucial to the ending of the possible film, and will clear Batman and Dent of any of the killings. Now, there are 2 villians in this movie, Gotham City Police and Edward Nigma (in a version never before done). Edward Nigma is going to be taken more seriously, and not be directly referred as the Riddler (the Joker never said his name was the Joker). He won't be getting into any jump suit like Jim Carey, and unlike the Joker, he is less like Evil, and more of a man with a horrible problem that goes to far. As, of course, the Riddler in the comic books had an extreme case of OCD. I am a person who deals with OCD (I am treated for it), so I quite understand what is going through his mind at points. I will stop blabbing and present my early outline (remember, not scenes, but outline). I would love any thoughts on it. I now present the outline for Gotham City:

Gotham Citty: Dark Knight Sequel

Dark Knight

1- Nigma working in Gotham as a computer technician, known as the best in the buisiness.

2 -Nigma is hired to set up new securities on Dent's computer

2- Nigma (too curious not to) looks into personal files of Dent, Gordon, and the vigilante known as Batman

3- Burns certain files onto disc without being caught

Gotham City

Batman Hunted

1- During a break in at a *insert* police surround the area

2- Batman arrives, unnoticed at first

3- Gordon knowing he is there, does not sight his crew yet to his whereabouts

4- Batman saves the day, yet Gordon has to send his men after Batman due to him now being responsible for Dent's crimes

5- Batman makes it back to newly built Wayne Manor alive

6- Batman works on his new designed area in the now termed "batcave" by alfred with Bruce saying that he needs to stop refering to everything as "Bat stuff"

7- New hookup allows Bruce to talk to Lucious Fox without being traced

8- Talks with Fox about a meeting tomorrow, but Bruce gives him some excuse

9- Bruce talks to Alfred how if Rachel were alive, even with Dent, it would give him at least one thing to smile about

Gordon's Troubles

8- Gordon is once again scolded by new Disctrict Attorney, but marks it as him being upset he is not as popular as Dent was

9- Gordon's home life is in shambles since his affair with another in the police department

10- Gordon pleads with his wife who leaves to go to her sisters, and takes their son

11- Gordon takes to drinking

Edward Nigma And His OCD

1- Nigma's boss finds out that he has been looking into his client's personal files

2- Nigma is fired from his job, and due to economic difficulties at the time, cannot find a suitable job with health insurance

3- Nigma runs out of medication for his OCD, and starts to obsess over little things

4- Nigma can't pay his rent, and his landlord tells him either he has the money by Friday or Nigma's keys to an empty apartment

4- Opening up his laptop, and logging in as Riddler, he begins searching through files on Dent's disc, he is able to hack into Gotham's police department

5- Nigma becomes extremely facinated by Batman, and starts to obsess over his identity

6- Nigma hears on TV in the living room about his firing, and references about the "accident" of his father during his childhood

Nigma's Childhood

1- Grew up in a house where his Mother was continously beaten by his father

2- Nigma's father never payed attention to his son, until he started brining home bad grades

3- Nigma was beaten for not doing good enough in school

4- Nigma ignored everything but school work, scared for his safety

5- A prize was to be given if someone could figure out a riddle in the class, and Nigma wants to solve it to impress his father

6- Nigma couldn't for the life of him figure out the riddle

7- His OCD starting to take affect, he obsesses, yet could never figure out the riddle, so he seaks in afterhours and finds the answer

8- Nigma solves riddle, but his father doesn't believe he did it, and beats him for lieing

9- Nigma's father ends up in an "accident" but was actually a scheme that he made to get back at his father

10- Nigma's mother comes home to take care of Edward after hiding at her sisters from her husband

11- Nigma's mother starts to have no control over her child due to his OCD

12- When Nigma is at school, his Mother finds evidence that leads to Nigma actually murdering his father

Nigma's Stay at Wayne Psych Ward

To Be Continued. . .

No Riddler, no Penguin, no Catwoman. Nolan has said that from this point on he doesn't want to use any villains that have already appeared in the films. Also, he wants to keep it relatively realistic, so characters like Clayface and Killer Croc are out. Working from this, I came up with a story that involves Harley Quinn and the Mad Hatter. The Joker is still around, and his presence is felt, but we never see him.

Synopsis:
The Joker has been taken to Arkum Asylum. He is locked up in a maximum security solitary facility, as he is deemed extremely dangerous. The only person from the outside world allowed to see him is a young psychologist, Dr. Harleen Quinzel. During her visits to Arkum, she becomes emotionally attached to the Joker, and eventually falls in love with him. She tries to get him released through legal means, but to no avail.
Coleman Reese ceases ties with Wayne Enterprises, due to his attempt to blackmail Bruce Wayne. He is unable to get any other work, as many people feel he would learn and reveal any secrets they might have. This sends him into a psychotic depression, and he comes to blame Batman for his downfall. He starts to claim publicly that Bruce Wayne is Batman, but, given his madness, almost no one believes him. He does, however, attract some followers, and they start an underground organization bent on bringing down Batman. The news media takes to calling him the Mad Hatter, referencing the strange attire (which includes a large hat) that he wears during heists.
Dr. Quinzel falls further under the Joker’s spell, and becomes the leader of his gang on the outside, assuming an analogous, female persona: Harley Quinn. She makes contact with the Mad Hatter, and tries to convince him to stop his crusade to reveal Batman’s identity. He refuses, and a gun battle between their gangs breaks out. He just barely escapes.
Bruce Wayne has all but retired Batman, the people of Gotham having turned against the vigilante, as it is believed that he was responsible for murders that in fact Two-Face carried out. Instead, Bruce has taken a more active role in running his company, trying to fight crime and corruption through legal and financial means.
Meanwhile, a large and destructive gang war has broken out between Harley Quinn and the Mad Hatter. The city is being torn apart. Gordon tries to negotiate a peace between the two organizations. Reese is willing to talk, but Harley Quinn is not.
Bruce ultimately brings Batman out of retirement to destroy the gangs and end the war. Pubic opinion turns once again to Batman’s favor, and Gordon helps the police realize that the caped crusader is a necessary part of Gotham.

There are some problems with your story. Don't take these harshley against you, but as just some real critiquing.

First, Batman is still blamed for the killings. He needs to be freed from those accusations before the police stop pursuing him. Just because the people started liking him, the law doesn't change. He also wouldn't retire Batman, especially at this stage of his life. As Rachel said in her letter, that the city may not need Batman, but that he still will. As Nolan said, we are looking at a young Batman. For this to start to happen, we would need a 4th film, dated much later in which we introduce someone who he would feel would be a successor, possibly Robin (and maybe change his name to Nightwing).

Then, this Joker is so completely different than the ones we know. The way Harley Quinn to be created must be completely different. For her to love the Joker or such, see would need to be really crazy. Also, I am sure psychiatric tests are going to administrated to anyone working at this Arkham, since it is not as insane like from the comic books (read Arkham Asylum: A Serious House On Serious Earth), as we have seen from the inside during Batman Begins. Yes, there is the Scarecorw, but when Johnathan Crane joined up, he was far from insane. He was just lured into getting a lot of money. Also, since he knew nothing about actually destroying Gotham, which he would have obviously not taken a part in it then. He also seems to have been a Psychiatrist that didn't originate from the Asylum. So Harley Quinn would need to go mad somehow to even think of liking the Joker.

For Resse as the Mad Hatter, he is pretty normal in the Dark Knight. I never saw him wear anything but a regular suit. As for him ceasing his ties, we all saw Bruce save him, there has to be good feelings then. Then, if he was so smart at pointing out Batman as Bruce Wayne, he would also be smart enough to know that he wouldn't have killed those people (due to saving his life, despite what he knew and was going to say). Bruce is far from cold hearted, he would give him a good reference if he left the company. And that coming from Bruce Wayne is a big deal in business. Then, the hats, why? Why would he wear them? Why would he do crimes. With the police now under Gordon's control, they will be much stronger and less plagued by the mob's inside men.

Then, gang wars. That doesn't make too much sense. Where are they getting them, and why are they joining up?

For Nolan's films, it's obvious that there needs to be real seriousness involved, and for your ideas to work with the Mad Hatter and Harley Quinn, they would have to be as real as possible.

Also, did anyone have comments on my outline so far? I am going to update it very soon.

If there is a femme fatale/female lead/love interest in the 3rd Bat film then it should be either Catwoman or Talia and that it is it.....

A Harley Quinn appearance allows for the chaos established by the Joker to survive w/o re-casting The Joker so that could be a possibility. Black Mask is also another possibility.

Everyone is too unrealistic: Mr. Freeze, Clayface, Bane, ManBat, and as someone else mentioned Penguin, Catwoman, and the Riddler won't be done again.

DKnight007 wrote:If there is a femme fatale/female lead/love interest in the 3rd Bat film then it should be either Catwoman or Talia and that it is it.....
Talia al Ghul would be perfect, in my opinion. She'd be realistic, and a superb femme fatale.