Batman 3 synopsis

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Chris Nolan already specifically stated that he will not introduce Robin in his Batman series.

This has been confirmed, for now there is not even a begining of a script, we know that David Goyer has ideas and the Nolan brothers probably too but they haven't met officially as we know about the subject.

And they won't certainly until Chris hasn't finished with Inception which means summer 2010. So if he jumps into Batman 3 right after which must be the case when you seen the enormous budget of Inception, to me it's clear that for it he has done a deal to make Batman 3 right after (unless Warner sees it as Matrix-like potential movie) like he probably did for Prestige/Dark Knight (if someone has information about that ?).

Well the movie can't come out before summer 2012 (one year writing/Preproduction, one year shooting and post production) but there is already a topic about that.

For the synopsis we know that at the end of The Dark Knight, Batman is the N°1 enemie so I really see Chris going into the direction on focus the story on Bruce Wayne, hidding itself and becoming half crazy, making a movie about The fall of that character as Begins was The Rise and Dark Knight the struggle.

As the Nolan brothers are highly influenced by the comics from Jeph Loeb/Tim Sale, we could the definitive win from Freaks over the Mafia, in Dark Victory (which Bale favorite Comic about Batman), even the last Mafia leader becomes a freak, but in this story there is always someone manipulating everyboby (as The Joker in Dark Knight).

Well we know that the Joker is out, Two Face also, so the natural guess will be The Ridller as the main vilain in Batman 3, this guy is just about manipulation and he could make Bruce Wayne go crazy playing with his mind (who said Inception ?) with a clue game, the perfect character as we know that Nolan loves to play with his audience (Memento, Prestige).

Honestly i don't see any other freak which could enter into the "realistic" view that Nolan has about Batman if he take the fall direction, maybe Scarecrow becoming the main vilain (but chris doesn't seems so interested in the character which as been seen enough in Batman begins), The Pinguin (a possible second vilain) as a businessman more than a freak or Catwoman who could lead Bruce Wayne definitely to the dark side .....

Unless Chis suprise us but I really don't see Clayface, freeze, Ivy & co, just dont feet in what Chris is building in his trilogie, I really see it more as The Batman/Bruce Wayne movie, giving the role that Bale was waiting for, a man which struggles with himself creating his own end.

Fall wrote:Honestly i don't see any other freak which could enter into the "realistic" view that Nolan has about Batman if he take the fall direction, maybe Scarecrow becoming the main vilain (but chris doesn't seems so interested in the character which as been seen enough in Batman begins), The Pinguin (a possible second vilain) as a businessman more than a freak or Catwoman who could lead Bruce Wayne definitely to the dark side .....

Unless Chis suprise us but I really don't see Clayface, freeze, Ivy & co, just dont feet in what Chris is building in his trilogie, I really see it more as The Batman/Bruce Wayne movie, giving the role that Bale was waiting for, a man which struggles with himself creating his own end.
Black Mask.

Fall wrote:Well we know that the Joker is out, Two Face also, so the natural guess will be The Ridller as the main vilain in Batman 3, this guy is just about manipulation and he could make Bruce Wayne go crazy playing with his mind (who said Inception ?) with a clue game, the perfect character as we know that Nolan loves to play with his audience (Memento, Prestige).

Catwoman who could lead Bruce Wayne definitely to the dark side .....

The Batman/Bruce Wayne movie, giving the role that Bale was waiting for, a man which struggles with himself creating his own end.
Good points. As Eternalist said, it could be Black Mask. As we see (cf. http://batman.wikia.com/wiki/Black_Mask) his story involves with Catwoman.

Mr.Hmmm wrote:
Fall wrote:Well we know that the Joker is out, Two Face also, so the natural guess will be The Ridller as the main vilain in Batman 3, this guy is just about manipulation and he could make Bruce Wayne go crazy playing with his mind (who said Inception ?) with a clue game, the perfect character as we know that Nolan loves to play with his audience (Memento, Prestige).

The Batman/Bruce Wayne movie, giving the role that Bale was waiting for, a man which struggles with himself creating his own end.
Good points. As Eternalist said, it could be Black Mask. As we see (cf. http://batman.wikia.com/wiki/Black_Mask) his story involves with Catwoman.
Yes I didn't know this one but would Warner say yes to an unknow bad guy after the buzz that they created around the Joker ?

Black Mask could work if you change the begining of his story beeing friend with wayne since they were young but black mask coul be perfect for a story essentially about Bruce Wayne with a kidnapping of Lucius Fox and hurting Catwoman.

But at the end Black mask seems to be a sort of mix between the Joker and double face, as we know that Nolan wants to make each movie unique why would he come back with a story with a bad guy wich as nearly the same motivation and acts that he already treated in the Dark Knight. .

I think that with the Ridller there is substance to make a total différent film from the two others.If Nolan wants to make a movie around Arkham, Hugo Strange could also work.

Fall wrote:
Mr.Hmmm wrote:

Yes I didn't know this one but would Warner say yes to an unknow bad guy after the buzz that they created around the Joker ?
Goyer said they want to bring unused villians, like they did with Ra's and Scarecrow in Begins. But I agree, they may have to reconsider it, since TDK was a huge hit.

These look possible to me:

Rachel Dawes died ---> A new love interest (Catwoman)

We got JGL ---> the Joker

Someone to be hired to catch Batman ---> the Riddler

the mysterious 5 dead ---> Harvey Dent in flashbacks.

I just realised that JGL looks a lot like Heath Ledger, lol. Long hair and there you go, a new joker.

Grobyc wrote:I just realised that JGL looks a lot like Heath Ledger, lol. Long hair and there you go, a new joker.

if only it was that easy

number one...its tough to ask another actor to imitate what somebody else did...thats not acting, its not truthful to the actor and therefore will not be as strong of a performance

number two...at the same time, you dont wanna create a totally different character

so how do you make it work? i think its almost impossible

talli wrote:so how do you make it work? i think its almost impossible
It's easy: just DON'T BRING THE JOKER BACK. Why is that that there's still a lot of people who want the Joker in the 3rd movie?? Why?