Batman 3 to shoot in New Orleans (disproved)

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
I remember reading about Wally laughing about this whole filming in New Orleans.
Say Girl

lol and they shot transformers in there, smells like bad luck.

Batman-News.com wrote:I just want to say that I'm not going to be this defensive if Tom Hardy isn't Hugo Strange, I'm not 100% confident in that source. However I am confident in the person I was speaking to about New Orleans. They're actually really bummed about this news and will be asking their boss about it later.
To which the boss will answer "Stop it, I'm not Christopher Nolan, stop asking me questions about movies and go back to your fry cooker. Have you had your meds today?"
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Warner Bros has several movies on their slate. Perhaps it's for one of those instead? We do know for sure that WB has acquired space in New Orleans for interior shots, and the incentives make it an attractive proposition.
Perhaps WB did make the suggestion for location shoots, but Nolan put his foot down. We'll never know..

I can't wait until they start filming. Transformers 3 was just an annoying disruption (and actually caused my tardiness for the premier of Inception...Michael Bay has an uncanny ability to ruin everything), but I will be camping out on roof tops for some Dark Knight Rises action.

elixxxer wrote:I can't wait until they start filming. Transformers 3 was just an annoying disruption (and actually caused my tardiness for the premier of Inception...Michael Bay has an uncanny ability to ruin everything), but I will be camping out on roof tops for some Dark Knight Rises action.
optimus prime blocking traffic? lol
Say Girl

This is pretty cool! Geoff Boucher of the LA Times' Hero Complex blog took the time to leave a comment on Batman-News.com to clear up the New Orleans/Warner Bros. confusion. (He used his LA Times email and his IP is from California, I'm assuming it's him)

I've updated my post with his comment:
http://batman-news.com/2010/12/02/the-d ... w-orleans/
The sites great and thanks for all the link love!! I'm don't want to sound argumentative but just to be clear:
Warner Bros is interested in keeping Chris Nolan happy at this point and I have no doubt that people on the very large payroll of Warners go around all the time and try to line up options for him. But really any "they" that was interested in New Orleans isn't the "they" that makes decisions on this movie. If Emma Thomas says it was never ever discussed (which she did say) then I'm not really sure it merits this much discussion.
Last edited by Batman-News.com on December 6th, 2010, 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Batman-News.com
The Premiere Source For All Things Batman
Twitter / Facebook / Google+

This pretty much looks false so I'll go ahead and change the title of this thread so it won't confuse any new members.

Good idea, chee. Perhaps it's time to lock the thread. After all, I don't think there's anything left to discuss here. ;-)

Lock it down Chee! :JGLface:
Say Girl