Batman 3 to shoot in New Orleans (disproved)

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Christopher Nolan and co. will be shooting the next Batman film in New Orleans according to sources.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienew ... z11cZSnYCc

What do you think? Will some filming still be done in Chicago? And how much of the production will be in New Orleans?

If THR or Deadline reports this, I will believe it. Until then, the answer is a resounding NO. There is absolutely no reason why Nolan should or will shift location from Chicago to New Orleans. Batman 3 will make a billion $ anyway - no need for Warner Bros to utilise New Orleans' financial incentives at all.

kanjisheik wrote:If THR or Deadline reports this, I will believe it. Until then, the answer is a resounding NO. There is absolutely no reason why Nolan should or will shift location from Chicago to New Orleans. Batman 3 will make a billion $ anyway - no need for Warner Bros to utilise New Orleans' financial incentives at all.
It could be a couple of scenes to make gothom look bigger and different like the narrows in Batman Begins.

Most of the Narrows was actually shot in Chicago itself. The bridge, for instance, is the Franklin Street Bridge. The panoramic views were basically of a massive scale model created in an aircraft hangar in England, IIRC.

I remember reading that the Narrows was based on the Kowloon slum city in Hong Kong, but I don't think they actually shot there.

I like the idea. Gotham City can't look like Chicago all the time. Personally a little dash of New Orleans would be cool.

The Silent Guardian wrote:I like the idea. Gotham City can't look like Chicago all the time. Personally a little dash of New Orleans would be cool.
I would love to have the two cities together.

Jesus of Suburbia wrote:
The Silent Guardian wrote:I like the idea. Gotham City can't look like Chicago all the time. Personally a little dash of New Orleans would be cool.
I would love to have the two cities together.

No, I don't want a mix, it would look too different. However certain scenes in New Orleans would be sick.

I want most of the film in Chicago. New Orleans just doesn't have that big skyscraper city look.

apw
A vague article on a film blog is now considered 'confirmed'?

chee wrote:I want most of the film in Chicago. New Orleans just doesn't have that big skyscraper city look.
I'm sure they'll make it work. Especially if its in conjunction with Chicago shoots.