Christian Bale will be “fitter than ever”, said his rep

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
antsman41 wrote:^He looks so awesome with long hair and a beard.
Yeah, if you find hippies to be awesome.

Personally, I like his American Psycho hair. It makes him look like more of a douchebag, which is what I get from Bruce Wayne.

Yeah, if you find hippies to be awesome.
Hippies are awesome.

And now, a blast to the past... think Bale set the bar a bit too high for himself?

.. and this one just because it made me lol

damn he was buff in Begins. That is The Dark Knight to me.

If I were him I would wanna get into as good of shape as he was in American Psycho. He was in much better shape for that film then BB.
Say Girl

Redsmile wrote:If I were him I would wanna get into as good of shape as he was in American Psycho. He was in much better shape for that film then BB.
You seem to miss the point here. Bale even talked about this. In American Psycho he was way thinner than in Batman Begins. It was all about the vanity of it; showing off the six pack, etc. In Begins Bale was much stronger, like a brawler. Bruce doesn't get in shape to look cool, he gets in shape to fight crime. Begins was Bale at his buffest and toughest. In American Psycho it was all about being lean and ripped.

In BB he looked too big to really be doing the kinda stuff batman does. I mean yeah he was in the best shape out of everyone who has played the character and I thought it was awesome but there was a reason he wasnt as big in TDK. It was just not as easy to play the role when he was that big. At least thats what it seems like when I listen to Nolan and Bale talk about it.
Say Girl

Redsmile wrote:In BB he looked too big to really be doing the kinda stuff batman does. I mean yeah he was in the best shape out of everyone who has played the character and I thought it was awesome but there was a reason he wasnt as big in TDK. It was just not as easy to play the role when he was that big. At least thats what it seems like when I listen to Nolan and Bale talk about it.
... Batman's always been a peak conditioned athlete for a guy his size. It's the stereotypical slow athletes like the ones in wwe that make it a joke. Look at Brock Lesnar, that guy has unbelievable speed for a guy his size.. it's just conditioning

cchriswake wrote:Image

Bale pic taken today

Batman is Bruce Christ....or Jesus Wayne....dun dun duuuuuun

For comparison

American Psycho: More fit for vanity, not much mass, cardio heavy workout

Equilibrium: A bit more mass than AP

Machinist: ... nothing to say here lol