WB Keen On Batman 3 In 3-D?!

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Read this on Batman-On-Film earlier today. I don't know how much stock to put into this, but thought you all would be interested in reading this..
According to HOLLYWOODINHIDEF.COM…
“Prevailing opinions at [Warner Bros] is that [Chris] Nolan
will not enjoy the luxury of taking a pass on 3D for the new Batman movie,
which will surely be set up for 3D from the beginning.”
*sigh*

Frankly, I’m not a fan of 3D. Love me some IMAX, but just don’t dig 3D. And it especially sucks when it's converted in post ala CLASH OF THE TITANS -- you know what I mean?

If Chris Nolan and co. -- including cinematographer Wally Pfister -- don’t want to shoot B3 in 3D, then I can’t fathom Warner Bros. forcing them shoot it in that format. So…

Don’t do it! THE DARK KNIGHT made over $1 Billion worldwide and it wasn’t “gimmicked-up” in 3D, nor was Chris’ INCEPTION -- which has now made over $750 Million global.

My advice to Burbank: If Mr. Nolan doesn’t want a 3D B3, then let it go. However…

IF -- despite quotes from Chris, Wally, and co. that suggest otherwise -- "Team Nolan" wants to go the 3D route, I’ll trust their judgment as they’ve definitely earned it...

However, I'm going to need some serious convincing.
http://www.batman-on-film.com/batmovienews.html

I hope this doesn't come to pass! :JGLface:

It won't. Nolan doesn't want 3D and WB isn't about to anger him by forcing it. One of the main reasons Justice League: Mortal was never made was because it angered Team Nolan. WB won't make the same mistake again.

Justice League comes with an enormous budget, Nolan didn't kill that movie :lol:

WB says 3D, Nolan will make it in 3D. He can fight it, but if Warner doesn't back down... he's not walking away from the project.

RomanM wrote:Justice League comes with an enormous budget, Nolan didn't kill that movie :lol:

WB says 3D, Nolan will make it in 3D. He can fight it, but if Warner doesn't back down... he's not walking away from the project.
How do you know he will not walk away from the projected

I think how much money Inception makes holds the key to Batman 3D. Before Inception came out I figured if the flick had a hard time breaking 400 million or 300 million WB would pretty much make Nolan go with the 3D. But we know that wasn't the case so...

I know if WB had their way it would be in 3D because of the extra money it would bring in. But now that there bathing in Inception money why not let Nolan do what he wants. Sure your losing some money with not going with the 3D but why the formula?
Say Girl

yeah, right now it's as simple as: Nolan doesn't want 3D, there isn't gonna be any 3D
The End

what do they mean? SHooting in 3D with these special cameras or converting?

I would hate it in 3D, let Nolan do what he wants.

Also, when will studios realize, it isn't 3D that made Avatar a hit, it was considered a great film (by the public and me) that made it a huge hit. The 3D sure did add a lot, but also, it is important to remember that films such as COTT (considered bad by the public, though I haven't seen it), didn't get a lot of help from 3D.

RomanM wrote:Justice League comes with an enormous budget, Nolan didn't kill that movie :lol:

I said one of the main reasons, not THE main reasons. Not only was WB going to use Batman in another film series (which Nolan is obviously against) but they were specifically using Nolan's Batman, including a subplot about Talia Al Ghul tracking down Batman in order to avenge Ra's death. Even though the most ever said from Bale and Nolan was that they wish WB would've waited for them to be done with their Batman, the fact that WB was so determined to push forward with Nolan's Batman in JL:M if the JL movie was to be made could've potentially damaged Nolan's relationship with WB, and for all we know it could've cost them one of the most financially & critically successful films of the decade in The Dark Knight.

Basically, don't anger Team Nolan. WB has gotten this far by giving Nolan complete creative control his films, and now they're just going to tell him to make Batman 3 in 3D, despite Nolan's vocal detesting of shooting in 3D? If this was true, not only would it anger Nolan in altering how Batman 3 is shot at studio request, but he could also interpret the decision as disrespectful, knowing very well what's he's proven so far & questioning why WB wouldn't have more faith in his own vision by forcing him to tack this gimmick on, which is basically there for the sole purpose of making an extra couple bucks on tickets.

WB forcing Nolan to shoot in 3D would be no different than WB forcing Nolan to link Batman 3 up with a larger DCU. Not only does it alter how Nolan shoots the film, but it shows a lack of faith & disrespect from WB in what Nolan does. That's why I can see a scenario in which Nolan does walk from the project if it becomes clear WB is trying to exhibit the type of control on Nolan that you'd expect a studio to do to a hack-for-hire. He's not officially under contract right now so Batman 3 doesn't have to be his next film.

But it will be, because WB wouldn't think they could mess with Nolan like this and expect him to just roll over. At the least I can see them suggesting these ideas to him, which are more likely followed by a quick and blunt "no" from Nolan, but if WB keeps pushing the issue and it gets the point where WB "this is how you're going to make the film", I don't expect Nolan to just be cool with it. At that point I'd expect him to walk and pursue another project, and wouldn't blame him.

But I'm not worrying about that because it won't happen.

Nolan will make the Batman he wants to make.If WB does go after 3D, then Nolan should just walk away.

This is his film, and it should be made his way. It isn't as if he hasn't made WB money as it, $1B with TDK, and $750m with Inception.