The riddler, really... but where?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
I don't think we get to see the riddler int he next batman installment. My reason is because the writer in a way or another let's us know what's next in the movie trough script and that's probably why Morgan Freeman thought that catowoman would be part of the next movie

In the dark knight we can't find any reference to the riddler at all, check these references to future villains,

In Batman begin:

Bruce Wayne gives a speech insulting his guests, he says ... "you two-face people".
At the end of the movie the joker's card.

In the Dark knight:
Lucius and Wayne talks about the new suite,
Lucius replies: Should do well against cats.

In the movie I can't any difference, although in the viral marketing, there's a comment from Edward Nashton about Harvey dent, there's still not reference in the movie for the Riddle, but there's indeed a reference to hush.

There was one villain reference in The Dark Knight, which was Catwoman, and she's not even a true villain. Do you really think she's going to be the lone bad guy and somehow carry the film by herself?

chee wrote:There was one villain reference in The Dark Knight, which was Catwoman, and she's not even a true villain. Do you really think she's going to be the lone bad guy and somehow carry the film by herself?
yeah.. even the famous saying "Well, this is Nolan" can't help with it... >_>

Where were the references to Harvey Two-Face and Maroni in Batman Begins?

Characters don't need any type of introduction in the preceding films in order to make an appearence in a future film, especially with the way Nolan structures these films. Yes, they are all connected as one larger story, but he also makes them in such a way that you don't need to see the previous installments in order to appreciate the next installments. They all stand on their own, so the fact that Riddler isn't mentioned anywhere in Batman Begins or The Dark Knight shouldn't hinder the character's chances of appearing in the 3rd film.

The lack of mentioning Harvey Dent or Sal Maroni in Batman Begins didn't hurt their chances of becoming major characters in The Dark Knight, so I'm not too concerned of the Riddler not appearing because of this reason. If anything, the Riddler doesn't appear because he wasn't the right character for what Nolan wanted to do.

The_Emo_Digitator wrote:Where were the references to Harvey Two-Face and Maroni in Batman Begins?
Bruce says "two-faced friends" in the birthday party scene when he tries to get everyone out of his mansion.

Maroni had no reference.

what about Coleman Reese? Mr Reese...mysteries

talli wrote:what about Coleman Reese? Mr Reese...mysteries
That seems logical to me... :ugeek:

Seems plausible, IMO

talli wrote:what about Coleman Reese? Mr Reese...mysteries
Hahah, that's stretching it. But okay. ;)

Perhaps because the villain of the third film would be the Joker, but Heath died ...
Truth is, sometimes I miss you so bad I can hardly stand it. - Jack Twist

Monicabbm wrote:Perhaps because the villain of the third film would be the Joker, but Heath died ...

he has a point