[SPOILERS] Marion Cotillard as Miranda Tate

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
MagnarTheGreat wrote:The conception, life, and death of Talia. The making of the queen of the psychopaths.
Neat.
Sigs???

TehBatGetsBraked wrote:
MagnarTheGreat wrote:The conception, life, and death of Talia. The making of the queen of the psychopaths.
Neat.
Indeed. :clap:

Whoop, minor typo in the last text block. Fixed here. (can be -> will be)

Interview with Guillaume Canet:

"This whole story about the scene where Marion’s character dies in The Dark Knight Rises is absolutely not her fault. It’s Nolan’s, who should have used another take. She offered him a multitude of options, and this one is the one he chose… I find it super brave of an actor to offer as many different tracks to a director. After that, it’s his job to be vigilant when faced with his film at the editing stage."

Now Where Was I ? wrote:I agree her's acting overall was average and her death scene laughable, but does anyone agree that she was amazing during the reveal? I also loved when she gets out and goes on the street to go into the Tumbler, she looked completely badass
I thought she did just fine, including the death scene. This is just another nitpick people like to blow out of proportion. Yeah it was kinda corney, but it didn't take me out of the movie at all. I've seen way worse.

As for the character itself, she didn't seem particularly important to the story, and I'm not sure why they included her other then to further tie up to the original movie. If someone wants to elaborate on this I'd like to hear it.

MAYBE that death scene was deliberate, illustrating how pathetic is that person. Honestly, do you think Nolan would not have noticed? Is an important scene. I think it was on purpose. Anyone agree?

TalkOnCorners wrote:Interview with Guillaume Canet:

"This whole story about the scene where Marion’s character dies in The Dark Knight Rises is absolutely not her fault. It’s Nolan’s, who should have used another take. She offered him a multitude of options, and this one is the one he chose… I find it super brave of an actor to offer as many different tracks to a director. After that, it’s his job to be vigilant when faced with his film at the editing stage."
Very true. I'm surprised at people who blame Cotillard.

atilasantos wrote:MAYBE that death scene was deliberate, illustrating how pathetic is that person. Honestly, do you think Nolan would not have noticed? Is an important scene. I think it was on purpose. Anyone agree?
I don't see how bad acting emphasizes the pathetic side of a character. That's not how Nolan works anyway.

I wonder how many takes they did of that scene. If she felt it was bad, she could have asked for another.
Do you... like pineapple?

jibran wrote:I wonder how many takes they did of that scene. If she felt it was bad, she could have asked for another.

Apparently, she did different takes but Nolan chose that one.