The feel of batman 3 should be unique

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
I simply do not believe that Batman 3 starring the Riddler should try to duplicate the feeling of TDK, which was one of tracking what was happening among Gotham's elite and not of the true grit of the back alleys of gotham. Nolan's TDK did a great job of providing that feel and it cannot be done better so I believe they should go to a new route for the third film; a new route.

It may sound crazy but even though Nolan has an unlimited budget BM3 I think he should take a step back into true film noir, even more so than Batman Begins. I am talking about beautiful shots, filters, and colors. PURE FILM NOIR!

believe me I know this is far from a perfect solution, and I feel a little stupid saying it b/c i know it simply cannot happen. I One last thing I would say is that no matter how genius Nolan is he has a problem with the name of BM3

I agree that it should be unique and I think it will (he makes the style fit the story), but I don't want to even begin to say what he should do. The best thing to do is just let Nolan run with it and he will blow any of your expectations out of the water.

Yeah well, it has to be something different from Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, it would be good to do what you say, they should try to escalate TDK while coming back to the essence of Begins, how? - in Nolan we trust.
8-)

Has Nolan ever released two films even remotely alike? Does a bear shit in the woods?

The good thing about Nolan is that he makes original films recurring to simple elements from his past films,
one of the reasons why people are gonna call him a genius in 30 years.
he manages to keep the essence of his identity as a filmmaker intact in every picture he does.

I think it should be filmed in shaky cam, like Cloverfield.

Nolan won't try doing the same thing as TDK. He mixed it up with the first two Batman films and I don't see why he would try duplicating it. If Nolan has a new style for the next Batman film and thinks it is good there is no reason not to go with it; if it gets good reviews it will easily make enough money to cover the cost (even if it gets mixed reviews it probably will make enough for the costs).

Yes, like Batman Begins. Action and story.

I trust him to do whatever's right for the story he wants to tell 8-)

OVERMAN wrote:Yeah well, it has to be something different from Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, it would be good to do what you say, they should try to escalate TDK while coming back to the essence of Begins, how? - in Nolan we trust.
8-)
Different yes but why that way?

TBH he should absolutely NOT do those things you suggest! Escalation was a major theme in TDK symbolized and executed by the Joker!I am pretty sure Nolan does not want to repeat things so escalation will be dropped as it is with the Joker. FINISH!

Whatever Nloan will come up with - and whatever villain - I think he will opt for a really SINISTER approach instead! Exactly NOT more action (or escalation) because this is what almost all sequels unfortunately and uncreatively do: Bring up just more of the same thing! More action, more stuff and more blow ups! Nolan is too clever to do this and it wont be a challenge to him too! So he might be bored in this case!

I think they have a really clever story - otherwise they wont do it at all - with a totally NEW arc to END the whole thing so there is no need to warm up things - or the essence of BBs.

The Riddler as the villain at this time does not prevent such a new perspective nor does it support it. The only thing that might fit him for B3 is that he stands for a not primarily action oriented approach namely THINKING and he could be brought in to tackle critical aspects of the Batman which could be essential for telling B3 like his IDENTITY (compared with conspiracy or extortion?).

Maybe that is exactly what Nolan wants to end the film - maybe not, we will see!

And yes...it should be unique! :mrgreen: