Batman 3 leak?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Shadow of the bat, is just soo not Nolans taste. I don't think it will be something that cheesy and simple. But who knows. I just don't think it sounds like Nolan.

Team Andino wrote:So clearly by that merit the title "Gotham" fits :|

Sure can't wait for the new Superman movie "Metropolis" ;)

thats actually a genius idea..Metropolis sounds like a really cool title for a superman movie

... it really doesn't. The center of the film isn't the city it's the Superman character. That title insinuates that the focus of the movie isn't really on Superman as much as it is the city he protects.

Man of Steel is the best superman title, it mirrors The Dark Knight in some ways.

well about the title "Gotham" I think it's simply unacceptable, why?, because even when the city is a very important "character" and a paramount element to the film, the story is about The Batman, about the man and we follow what's happening around him, and what's he's turning into.
Gotham is a city for heaven's sakes, and we don't care about 95% of the stuff that happens there, we care about those extraordinary individuals and their actions towards the city.

It would be cribbing from a comic, but I think Knight Fall would work.

OVERMAN wrote:well about the title "Gotham" I think it's simply unacceptable, why?, because even when the city is a very important "character" and a paramount element to the film, the story is about The Batman, about the man and we follow what's happening around him, and what's he's turning into.
Gotham is a city for heaven's sakes, and we don't care about 95% of the stuff that happens there, we care about those extraordinary individuals and their actions towards the city.
Overman, you one of the posters I really respect on here because you usually back up your opinion with some logic. But your last statement just doesn't make sense to me. The Batman, the citizens... they are Gotham City. Gotham is a Batman mythology, Batman's purpose lies with Gotham. The following quote comes from Vengeance of Bane
The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be mine!
This from Bane, the only man who has physically and mentally broken Batman to almost extinction not just because of his strength but because he recognized that the Bat and Gotham one and if one falls so does the other. Gotham is truly Batman's Lois Lane because he will never let it completely drift away. He will always be there to save her.

You see your right the story has always been about Batman but you forget why Batman even exist or what he is doing, what his family did before he was even born. No Gotham, No Batman. They are two halves of a whole. In TDK Jokers primary concern other than Batman was "the soul of Gotham City." Even Harvey Dents entire concern was saving Gotham from the criminal underworld. Its been all about Gotham!

I understand if you just don't like it, okay you don't have to I just don't see your logic in calling it unacceptable. If it is called Gotham City I am sure the story will correlate just as I am sure it will with any other title.

I see your point and I understand why you regard the city with such esteem, of course you've read the comics, and that's the way many people see it, now putting medias aside you have to understand that Chris Nolan has his own "realistic" (for lack of another word) Batman universe, in this universe Gotham City is the greatest city in the planet - went wrong, it's what the biggest city of North America would have become under certain circumstances. Beyond the fact that we can relate with this place the films never really focus on exploring it's own identity, on TDK for example it was barely a playground for various events, until the ferry scene in which we have the chance to see some moral issues concerning the normal citizens themselves.
You are right stating that it's because of Gotham that Batman exists, and because Batman exists the city has changed, but the reason why we know this city, we know this world, this universe, whatever you want to call it because of "The Batman", because of this simple yet exceptional character that leaves a mark in everything and everyone that surrounds him.
Whatever the reason is Batman was conceived in his world, whatever he changed, whatever people in Gotham think of him, whatever the villains that in one way or another exist because of him we have to accept that we (the real world audience) are simply following the story of "The Batman", this is the character the comic Books and the movies are based upon, this is the character we go to see, thus he is the core, the inception, the true origin of everything, of the city, of the villains of the endless events that surround his life and we follow him believing that he is unable to create, change, or destroy this world he lives in, we follow him thinking he's a human being just like us, who's parents got kill in the corrupt city of Gotham and became a masked vigilante to (in a way) avenge his parents and bring some justice, but deep inside, we go back to the creative mind, to the reason why all this artists and writers do what they do, and the reason isn't Gotham, the reason is: Batman.
The story of the Batman.

talli wrote:I call BS. What gave it away? The title! Shadow of a Bat??!! Sounds like the title of a WB morning cartoon episode...too cartoony and cheesy. Noway something like this comes out of Nolan's mouth or off of his fingertips, even if its via Goyer or Jon
Christopher Nolan wrote:the title isnt that bad...
I love that we actually have a member with the username "Christopher Nolan." Reading these two posts on the first page of this topic got me laughing. :lol:

OVERMAN wrote: the reason why all this artists and writers do what they do, and the reason isn't Gotham, the reason is: Batman. The story of the Batman.
Touche. I cannot disagree with that. I suppose we will just have to wait and see which I hope we will very soon.

Batman movies are distributed and owned by Legendary Pictures and Warner Bros., while 30 Rock is an NBC program, which is partly owned by Universal Pictures. With Warner Bros. and Universal's rivals in the film industry, I do not think Warner Bros would have an indication of an upcoming movie in a presentation of its rival.