Are we going to get a Batman 3 announcement this week?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.

Do you expect the Batman 3 announcement to come within Two weeks?

Poll ended at August 17th, 2010, 3:12 am

Yes
17%
No
57%
Unsure
26%

Total votes: 23

Warner Bros announced Batman Begins two weeks before the Comic Con in 2003, made TDK announcement a week after Comic Con.
Now that this year's Comic Con is over, so the question is: Do you think there will be Batman 3 announcement within two weeks?
If not, when do you think WB will officially announce the movie?

:think: :|

I'm hoping its sometime within August. If not, I'll explode.

Inception is over, so I need a new source to get my fix. :lol:

Yeah, I'm really hoping the announcement comes within the next couple of weeks. Even if all they release is the title I'd be happy! :D

jcvargas09 wrote:Yeah, I'm really hoping the announcement comes within the next couple of weeks. Even if all they release is the title I'd be happy! :D
Yea, I'd be one happy woman with just the title alone. :lol:

Sorry Chee. I seriously doubt there'll be any. Why try to hype up Batman right now? Hype machine should be started only when they are knee deep into the project. So, my vote is nay.

chee wrote:I'm hoping its sometime within August. If not, I'll explode.

i feel the same way :lol:

I hope so.

Whether it's the announcement of the title, casting, confirmation of villain/s, some plot info - anything will do.

Dark Nolan wrote:
chee wrote:I'm hoping its sometime within August. If not, I'll explode.

i feel the same way :lol:

Totally agree.

I don't think we're gonna get anything till September. Nolan will no doubt be off on his holidays soon. And why not? He earned it! 8-) :lol:

It could happen. Regardless of it being too early, or whatever, WB would be smart to ride the buzz of Inception and just make an announcement officially confirming once and for all that Nolan is indeed directing. And if they feel like it, throw us what the title will be. As a reference, here is an article reporting when Heath was announced as the Joker, July 31st 2006:

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=24031

As Dom Cobb would say, "It is possible..."