anyone kinda wish Nolan was not doing Batman 3?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
CroissantRoll wrote:I want him to continue the originality after finishing the Batman franchise. What I don't want, however, is for him to do a Bond film. :thumbdown:
Yea, I dunno why but I find Bond completely boring.

chee wrote:
CroissantRoll wrote:I want him to continue the originality after finishing the Batman franchise. What I don't want, however, is for him to do a Bond film. :thumbdown:
Yea, I dunno why but I find Bond completely boring.
Because you know that Bond can't die or get hurt badly.

It's why my mom loves Bond movies. :lol: They're brainless entertainment.

But if Nolan wants to check out mentally and do a Bond film, I ain't gonna hold it against him. And if he doesn't want to check out mentally, it'll be the most kickass Bond film in the history of Bond films. :JGLface:

Anita18 wrote:
chee wrote:Yea, I dunno why but I find Bond completely boring.
Because you know that Bond can't die or get hurt badly.

It's why my mom loves Bond movies. :lol: They're brainless entertainment.

But if Nolan wants to check out mentally and do a Bond film, I ain't gonna hold it against him. And if he doesn't want to check out mentally, it'll be the most kickass Bond film in the history of Bond films. :JGLface:
Yea, I don't find them intellectually or emotionally stimulating. The newer James Bond movies looks like it was trying to attempt the emotion aspect but it still felt bland to me.

I kinda understand what the OP is trying to say, cos i was blown away by Inception as well, but i think that Nolan is really looking forward to make Batman 3. Nobody has made a great threequel in the genre of comic book movies and hopefully Nolan can break the jinx. :-) I'm sure that Nolan wouldn't have ended The Dark Knight on a cliffhanger if he didn't know how to resolve it in Batman 3 - and i'm looking forward to see how he does it.

I'm not sure how serious Nolan was when he said he would love to direct a Bond film. I mean - who wouldn't? Its a very cool thing to do. :-) Chris did Batman cos he felt he could bring something new to the character. If he goes on to direct Bond, i'm sure he'd do his best and give us an awesome Bond movie. :-)

I personally wish Nolan would do a Modesty Blaise movie instead of a Bond movie, but i doubt he has even heard of her. :-(

anyone kinda wish Nolan was not doing Batman 3?
Indeed. My first thought after i saw Inception was: God, I wish he finished making Batman movies. In my opinion, it limits his imagination and puts him into the frames. Inception is definitely Nolan's best movie. Personally I think that The Dark Knight is way overrated (I like it, but no way it's one of the best movies ever made as many are suggesting). First of all, its story is nothing exceptional and screenplay isn't that strong at all. Secondly, I don't quite like the performances in TDK (except for Heath, he was amazing) but I have to admit that the movie itself is executed perfectly (almost flawlessly) and this is what makes me like this movie. Yet I think that Inception easily surpasses TDK and not only is it perfectly executed, but it also has smart and very interesting story and the performances are top notch from the entire cast. But then again there is nobody better than Nolan to finish this trilogy, it's just that I'm far more impatient for his new original movies in the future than Batman 3 ;)

I think "Inception" and "Memento" are the best films Christopher Nolan has done, like in a top level, I was unsure if Nolan could get there with "Inception" but I hoped, in my mind, and his new movie absolutely did the unexpected, transcend and reach the level that I didn't even know could reach, I'm saying this with confidence after watching it 3 times.
"The Dark Knight" and "The Prestige" are like in the second place on the scale, a lower level, followed by "Batman Begins", "Insomnia" and "Following" on a third part of the scale, that without saying all of his movies are just magnificent.

I can't Imagine how Batman 3 could possibly surpass that 2nd level of the scale with the way Nolan manages the structure of The Batman's story and be as good as Memento and Inception, or even better, but I've been proven wrong before, who knows what that genius of a filmmaker will do.

I do hope he takes his time and tries to close the trilogy with a terrific movie experience, once again we find ourselves waiting for a miracle, I wouldn't be surprised if he does it.

Nolan would not continue on to make a 3rd Batman unless he found a story worthy of telling. I've longed believed that back when Nolan was brought onto the series in 2002/03, he planned out a 3 film story arc for Bruce Wayne, and now he's going to complete it.

Nolan's goal should not be to out-epic TDK. There's no doubt that B3 is going to be an epic film, but Nolan is coming back because he sees a story worthy of Batman waiting to be told, and after what he did in Begins and TDK, there's no doubt in my mind that he completely understands what makes Batman such an emotional & exciting character.

I want to see more original projects from Nolan, too, as he has a tremendous imagination, but his doing another Batman film is nothing to sneeze at. Despite working from the mythos, Nolan has brought a lot of influence from the films he loves (the sci-fi influence of Blade Runner, the James Bond influence) to create not only the most interesting portrayal of Batman in films, but films that challenge a lot of genre conventions. I think his Batman films are pretty imaginative and are always trying some new things not yet attempted in superhero films, and Batman 3 will only cement these films as one of the greatest trilogies ever.