Bale wants to prove it's possible to make a good third movie

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Christian Bale recently spoke to TotalFilm and suggested that he wants to break the trend of third movies not living up to expectations (Spider-Man 3, X-Men 3).
“Will we do a third movie? It’s got to be the right story. You can’t make something like The Dark Knight and then come out with something disappointing.
“I would like it if people say, ‘You’ll never make a good third movie.’ I say, ‘OK, let’s make a third movie in that case, let’s prove them wrong. But that’s just me. The fact is, I have to! I’ve signed up! Chris doesn’t. So I’m in a bit of a fix if he says he doesn’t want to!”
With The Dark Knight getting universal praise and earning over $1 billion worldwide, making a better third film will be a huge challenge. I wouldn’t want to be in Christopher Nolan this time next year when the Batman 3 cogs start turning.
Bale also spoke about Heath Ledger’s Oscar win and the technology used in The Dark Knight.“With technology, there’s a balance with everything. In The Dark Knight, the triangulation and the mobile phones, when Batman asks Lucius to use it, Lucius says, ‘After this I will quit. I will not have anything to do with this.’

“It’s like the eavesdropping, the illegal wire tapping going on at the NSA. There are limits… It is technology. But as with anything, it should all be in moderation…”

http://www.filmonic.com/bale-prove-good-movie

Man I hope Nolan does a third. If he does he'll make it good unlike Spider-Man 3

dagn96 wrote:The fact is, I have to! I’ve signed up!
:lol:
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

Erik wrote:
dagn96 wrote:The fact is, I have to! I’ve signed up!
:lol:
Erik you do know that I'm quoting Christian Bale, right?

Yeah I know, that was my laugh!

If I quoted you, I would say you'd suffer from Megalomania.
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

:| huh?

I know I was quoting Bale, nevermind about the rest...

I think that's one of the strongest reasons that Nolan needs to make the next Batman film. His series has genuine potential to be the first truly great comic book film trilogy, and I think if anyone can prove you can make a great third film, it's Nolan.

I think when you have a film as univerally successful as The Dark Knight the idea of a sequel can be very scary. It could taint the whole series.

fallenangel-155 wrote:I think when you have a film as univerally successful as The Dark Knight the idea of a sequel can be very scary. It could taint the whole series.
Yeah Godfather 3 anyone

a
rbevanx wrote:
fallenangel-155 wrote:I think when you have a film as univerally successful as The Dark Knight the idea of a sequel can be very scary. It could taint the whole series.
Yeah Godfather 3 anyone
I'd prefer to erase that from memory.