Original Prologue

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Damn I remember those days quite vividly. :lol:

The original prologue is far superior hands down. Mr Nolan, the original is the prologue we need and deserve. Please consider releasing a DVD / blueray with the original. When that prologue came out with mission impossible gp, it was probably the single most exciting movie moment of my life. I must have watched it 5000 times and the sizzle real at the end was just without lack of a better word awesome.

When I was at the midnight showing of tdkr, and I viewed the re edited version for the first time. To this day it is was and is the biggest WTF moment of my life. Even now when I watch the film I still roll my eyes and get this unsettling feeling. The original prologue needs to come back some how some time.
Fucking pretty pretty please. While your at it, you might as well release the Bane training sequence that takes place in the Talia flashback.

Sign'd,
Your biggest TDKR fan

DoubleD wrote:I found a copy in my dropbox that I had forgot all about. :lol: :lol:
Double D this would be amazing if you could link it!! I know it is a little late lol

lol I still got it too! To be honest, I would've liked if they changed Bane's voice and made it less high pitched in some places. Not your regular deep growling voice. Still Hardy's, but different. More like the first scene in the Pit.

Boldizar wrote:
DoubleD wrote:I found a copy in my dropbox that I had forgot all about. :lol: :lol:
Double D this would be amazing if you could link it!! I know it is a little late lol
Same!!

It's still one of my (few) gripes about TDKR. I really think his initial voice was better, all they had to do was make it a bit clearer so all could understand. That's it. The high pitched voice, which we heard numerous times, was pretty annoying.

His voice performance in the prologue is superior to the released version. However as a sound engineer, it was distracting that everytime he spoke you could tell they recorded him on set and all of the outside of mask plane noise made it's way into the take. You can clearly tell when and where they gated his voice to block out the sound. I would have loved a more sinister and brooding approach, just as dirty, but definitely overdubbed. Never understood why they wanted a more projecting performance from him when all they really needed was for the mix to be clean and for his voice to be boosted (example: Darth Vader), this would have made up for his more projected performance that I honestly find far more distracting than this prologue.

Dorrance wrote:His voice performance in the prologue is superior to the released version. However as a sound engineer, it was distracting that everytime he spoke you could tell they recorded him on set and all of the outside of mask plane noise made it's way into the take. You can clearly tell when and where they gated his voice to block out the sound. I would have loved a more sinister and brooding approach, just as dirty, but definitely overdubbed. Never understood why they wanted a more projecting performance from him when all they really needed was for the mix to be clean and for his voice to be boosted (example: Darth Vader), this would have made up for his more projected performance that I honestly find far more distracting than this prologue.
I kinda agree. But what they've also added on the dubbed version, is the different sound of these words. Like, at all. More lyrical. More villain-y. While in the prologue, as you wrote, he sounded "dirty" and grounded, not from the technical, but the words themselves, how he spoke them, in a different way. This one one of the reasons they've re-recorded him, probably. One of the Bane's personal characterizations was that he was charismatic, including the voice. His voice in the prologue's original recording was not so charismatic. To the contrary, on the final dub it was.

Does someone have a copy of TDKR 1080p CAM prologue?Is it better than this one?

If someone has a better quality version, please PM me.
Thanks!