Catch phrases and style, possible motives.

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
So uhm... I suggest that we could through some ideas on what catch-phrases The Riddler could possibly have and what kind of a villain he will be.

Raz Al Ghoul was a part con-man, part revenge-seeking traumatized villain of the type that thinks he's really doing everything for the greater good, no matter the cost or sacrifices. Bruce Wayne was supposed to be his apprentice infiltrator, but things went wrong. Then he started stricking him on a very personal level after some eventual absence in the movie, while the viewer was distracted enough to think that Scarecrow was the actual villain, and then from that personal level he expanded his plan on a bigger scale (yeah i know he planned it from the beggining but he did start with Bruce).

Raz Al Ghoul was however very poor on catch-phrases.

The Joker. Well. No one really knows what makes him tick. Well, we can guess what makes him tick NOW, but god knows what the reasons are for him being what he is. He said it himself that he doesn't really have a plan and that's almost completely believable. He does have intentions but a strict plan - no. He makes everything up in the process of execution of each step of his so called 'intentions' driven by a logic and nihilistic ideology contrary to everyone else's. When one watches TDK he/she has the feeling that The Joker only exists so that he can oppose and confront everything that isn't already neutral. The tools for that he finds swiftly and easily within the surrounding environment, always knowing how to react so that his victims and the innocent bystanders would witness the shattering of all order and realize that safety is merely an illusion, manifested so one could forget the true power of chaos. The Joker doesn't have a past and makes the impression that he doesn't really care about the future. The Joker just IS and he IS NOW and which is even more terrifying -> he's EVERYWHERE. And that makes him so different than Raz Al Ghoul. Joker's chaos is as global (for Gotham) as it is personal for each of the characters, equally devastating for both.

As for catch-phrases - I don't need to add anything about Joker's catch-phrases at all.

SO, by seeing how Nolan has operated so far and by knowing something about Edward Nigma from the comics and the Batman movie where Jim Carrey played him... How much of that do you guys thing will be the same in Batman 3? What do you think will Nolan want him to be like. I guess something will really need to compencate for JGLs age and unimpressive physique (unless he works on that like Edward Norton did for American History X) but what? I mean i know physique shouldn't really matter that much but admit it, Raz Al Ghoul was old enough and had combat skills, Joker did too and looked kind of fit. In the same time JGL still has this teenage aura around him. I mean look how pathetic Cillian Murphy looked without the help of his drug. We don't want a pathetic core vilain do we? We can safely assume that it will be veeeeeeeery hard for both Nolan and :JGLface: to create a villain that will beat Joker (especially if The Riddler wears a similar outfit like the one Jim Carrey did, tho i trust Nolan on that one that he just won't). So what path do you guys think he will embark on so that The Riddler is badass enough so that Batman 3 won't be a downgrade.

Oh and don't forget the catch-phrases.

we dont even know if its hte Riddler yet....only evidence we have so far, suggest that it WONT be...so why even does this?

prince0gotham wrote:So uhm... I suggest that we could through some ideas on what catch-phrases The Riddler could possibly have and what kind of a villain he will be.
Tho i admit i didn't emphasize the 'Ifs' and the 'woulds' enough in the OP. Still it's our best and most sure guess so far. I mean whatever the next villain is I would wonder about the same things concerning his character in the next movie. He already said it won't be Freeze (maybe as an answer to somebody's question about whether it's gonna be Freeze or not). So having in mind there's so much fuss and guesses that it will be the Riddler, the fact that he hasn't yet said 'No it won't be the Riddler either' says pretty much enough in favor of those guesses.

prince0gotham wrote:
prince0gotham wrote:So uhm... I suggest that we could through some ideas on what catch-phrases The Riddler could possibly have and what kind of a villain he will be.
Tho i admit i didn't emphasize the 'Ifs' and the 'woulds' enough in the OP. Still it's our best and most sure guess so far. I mean whatever the next villain is I would wonder about the same things concerning his character in the next movie. He already said it won't be Freeze (maybe as an answer to somebody's question about whether it's gonna be Freeze or not). So having in mind there's so much fuss and guesses that it will be the Riddler, the fact that he hasn't yet said 'No it won't be the Riddler either' says pretty much enough in favor of those guesses.

they also said they wouldnt do any of the villains who have been in previous films....so thats a big clear N-O for the riddler. And unless we get some new information about him changing his mind, we have absolutely no reason to believe itll be the riddler