Have Your Thoughts On The Movie Changed Since Its Release?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
User avatar
Posts: 19757
Joined: June 2011
Location: The Ashes of Gotham
Pratham wrote:
BlairCo wrote:I was really hoping it would be a non-linear film, with Bruce telling his story in the prison of the events after The Dark Knight.
To Martian Manhunter? :P
Image
No, I was thinking more along the lines of Tom Conti.

User avatar
Posts: 1096
Joined: August 2011
Location: Poznan, Poland
No. While I think that some parts of this movie should be different, I'm still thinking that this is one of the most inspiring movie in decades.

User avatar
Posts: 19176
Joined: June 2010
Location: The White City
It was, and for a long time will be, the most brazenly demented blockbuster since that type of film began existing in a modern format. Anything beneath that becomes nitpicking, since this film is a gift, one that may only come around every few decades.


-Vader

Posts: 2165
Joined: July 2009
Location: Norway
Vader182 wrote:It was, and for a long time will be, the most brazenly demented blockbuster since that type of film began existing in a modern format. Anything beneath that becomes nitpicking, since this film is a gift, one that may only come around every few decades.


-Vader
Image

User avatar
Posts: 5202
Joined: January 2012
nope

I walked out of the theater saying this was more ambitious and epic (and more flawed) than The Dark Knight, but ultimately it's still my favorite of the trilogy.

Nolan completely blew my mind by giving a film NO ONE EXPECTED WOULD BE LIKE THIS (come on who thought Batman 3 would make a 8-year jump, feature Bane as the villain, having a war film feeling, etc.)
This is what I love the most about this trilogy, each film is really distinct in the genre and the tone

User avatar
Posts: 2094
Joined: April 2010
Robin wrote:
Vader182 wrote:It was, and for a long time will be, the most brazenly demented blockbuster since that type of film began existing in a modern format. Anything beneath that becomes nitpicking, since this film is a gift, one that may only come around every few decades.


-Vader
Image

User avatar
Posts: 3024
Joined: December 2012
No. Still think it's the best of the trilogy.

User avatar
Posts: 25795
Joined: June 2011
anonymity wrote:
Robin wrote:
Vader182 wrote:It was, and for a long time will be, the most brazenly demented blockbuster since that type of film began existing in a modern format. Anything beneath that becomes nitpicking, since this film is a gift, one that may only come around every few decades.


-Vader
Image

Posts: 3728
Joined: June 2011
My favorite of the trilogy but over the past week, ive been thinking of ways in which this movie could have became even better.

Im not sure about making it a two-parter but overall i would have extended this film. Including the shots from the trailers that were left out and extended scenes that were in the script and shot, but were cut probably due to the Imax restriction. I also would have given people different takes for Foleys death, and Talias just to shut fanboys up. Foley getting run over, i mean.

But even a two parter could have been neat. Ending the first movie when Bane throws the broken cowl down. Opening the next with a slightly extended scene where theyre dragging Bruce towards the pit, lowering him down but in a more drawn out fashion. That way we can see Bruce getting all kinds of flashbacks as he descends to the bottom of the pit.

I think all those deleted scenes would have taken up like 10 minutes only. But i honestly would have added more.

Like showing him travel back to Gotham, more training in the prison, a cool nightmare sequence involving Joker or something (hearing some of his laughter wouldn't have been a problem). I always felt like we could have seen Bruce (once back in Gotham) at Wayne Manor for his final time. Where Bruce is starting to prep for the big showdown. Something as simple as showing him finish up shaving and then just stares into the mirror at himself for close to 10 seconds. And you just feel all this commitment, all this focus. We dont know what's going to happen but he's probably thinking of all the things that lead up to this. I think it could have been extremely powerful.

It was incredibly ambitious and i believe it could have been 3 hours or longer.

And finally..

I dig the 8 year gap. It was a bold move. But i still find myself wishing and believing in some cases that Batman was active for a couple of years post-Dark Knight. Just in the shadows, extra careful. No major vehicles causing ruckus. A silent guardian. Would have died to see some non-linear storytelling where Bruce tells Tom Conti (probably in metaphors heh) that he was scaring muggers and fighting off the remaining mobsters. *Cough: Penguin*

That's my stance on it now. I love the whole thing. But i could have gone with an extended cut that really stretched it out. Giving the fans no reason to complain about inconsistencies or plotholes.

User avatar
Posts: 89
Joined: April 2013
Location: Gotham Sewers
With time you begin to appreciate this movie more and more..
Its simply a masterpiece which will stand the test of time.. This movie is really inspirational IMO..

Its all thanks to Mr Nolan!!
"It will be a very long time before someone will inspire us the way he did!" :gonf:

Post Reply