Joseph Gordon-Levitt as the riddler in batman 3?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
theweatherman wrote:
DKnight007 wrote: No I'm not....all those characters can fit within a proper story telling narrative. It's not like seeing Williams in a cameo as Hugo Strange as the new head of psychiatry in Arkham would cause a saturated story.

Yes they could all fit, but you wouldn't do the characters justice and you would have tons of people hating the movie because their favorite villain wasn't given enough respect.

Well not everyone can have their way all the time.

It's like how Zsasz was used in BB, and how Falcone, Maroni and Scarecrow were used in BB and TDK.

The characters were not major players where they needed heavy screentime, but there characters were used perfectly to fit the narrative of the story being told.

I don't expect all these characters to make in the B3 film....but since this film maybe Nolan and his teams last Bat film, I hope they try and add a fair amount of Bat mythos characters as plausible and as possible as they can IF it fits within the narrative of the story being told.

JGL will play The Riddler i'm almost sure of it,he would play it great it think :thumbup: .

DKnight007 wrote: I don't expect all these characters to make in the B3 film....but since this film maybe Nolan and his teams last Bat film, I hope they try and add a fair amount of Bat mythos characters as plausible and as possible as they can IF it fits within the narrative of the story being told.
The whole, its his last film put as much in as you can argument is the same argument that ruined Spiderman 3. If Raimi's hand wasn't forced to put Venom in the film, it would have been much better. I trust Nolan to make the right decisions and I don't think he will crowd the film with too many villains.

David Goyer said once that they want 'Villians that never maked to a live action movie from Batman in the next movie'
So maybe it will be Clayface or the joker's sidekick that wants revenge for the joker.

I'm fairly confident that jgl won't be in the new batman is the villain....I think Emma Thomas's comment about Tom Hardy was spoken on behalf of her and Chris and fairly certain they were suggesting that he will be in the new Batman as the villain.

However, if does happen to be JGL I have no problem what's so ever.

apw
talli wrote:I'm fairly confident that jgl won't be in the new batman is the villain....I think Emma Thomas's comment about Tom Hardy was spoken on behalf of her and Chris and fairly certain they were suggesting that he will be in the new Batman as the villain.
What were her comments?

apw wrote:
talli wrote:I'm fairly confident that jgl won't be in the new batman is the villain....I think Emma Thomas's comment about Tom Hardy was spoken on behalf of her and Chris and fairly certain they were suggesting that he will be in the new Batman as the villain.
What were her comments?
She said she was most impressed with Tom Hardy in the film or something to that effect

And yeah you can say I'm looking too much into the comment but I just think if that's her opinion, its likely that Nolan agrees...and if he does its likely him that he wants to pursue for a role in Batman. Also, considering the type of characters he has played there's already a trust that he can bring something physically interesting and wicked to the screen. JGL is a good actor but its mostly emotional truth that he searches for. Hardy changes his physicality for most roles...I mean look at him in Stuart: a life backwards; he's weak...he can barely stand, the way he sits in a chair you would think he was handicapped and never walked in his life, his muscles are too atrophied to hold him up. In Bronson he's imposing, and intimidating force of mass. I think Chris will choose him because he needs somebody who can compete with Heath. Heath brought an extraordinary physicality to the joker...I mean that's why we are all so fascinated with the character...its not what he says, its how he moves every part of his body. How he hunches, how his legs move as if he's marching, the hand gestures, etc. Its a physical totality of the character that express who he is as a person far more than any of his words do.

kor
I have no idea who might play the villain in B3 or villains but it's quite logic that if Chris and Emma were very impressed with anyone from Inception cast, this actor could land in baddy role. Maybe I'm wrong but Chris like to work with proven actors (M. Caine, K. Watanabe, C. Murphy, etc.).

What I would like to see in the other hand is opposite of Joker in terms of character.
Joker was a total chaos, agent of chaos as he called himself. He made plans, but he was unpredictable, like a bomb with broken counter. None could feel safe around him. I see it in scenes when he kicks Batman in the building or after Batman crashed on the street.

Next villain, no matter who, should be very... sophisticated, poised, cool or charming - Riddler with his deadly riddles and puzzles comes to my mind now. In this case acting should be different from what H. Ledger did.

his agent denied it..

However, if does happen to be JGL I have no problem what's so ever.
Was this during the WonderCon panel? She did have very good things to say about Tom. Let's hope he's the villain, whether that's the Riddler or whomever.