Christian Bale never gets enough credit for his performance

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Am I the only one who thinks this way? I don't think Bale ever got his dues as Batman. Whenever people get into a discussion about Christian Bale's portray of Batman in the trilogy, they almost always go straight to the point about 'that voice'.

It's almost became his defining motif as Batman which is a shame really as I thought he was the best Bruce Wayne/Batman. I personally liked the voice in TDK/R ( loved BB voice, perfect). But it's become such a divisive matter (whether you love the voice or hate it) that people forget or ignore that Bale gave great performances in these films.

No man I totally agree. Glad someone actually said it

I totally agree. It also frustrates me because most of the complaints about his Batman is not even his fault IMO.

TehBatGetsBraked wrote:No man I totally agree. Glad someone actually said it
:thumbup:
TalkOnCorners wrote:I totally agree. It also frustrates me because most of the complaints about his Batman is not even his fault IMO.
I've always wondered if the voice was fully performed by Bale or if it was tweaked in post-production. I've always thought that the voice in BB was his but for TDK it was altered for some reason.

Whatever reason, It's a shame that it's somehow overshadowed his terrific portrayal of Batman.

Pretty sure the voice is tweaked a little, at least.

But as far as this thread is concerned, I stand behind it 100%. Bale managed to bring life to a version of the character that changed film and managed to speak to and for an entire generation. He's great. No one else could have made this Batman.

marblemania wrote:Am I the only one who thinks this way? I don't think Bale ever got his dues as Batman. Whenever people get into a discussion about Christian Bale's portray of Batman in the trilogy, they almost always go straight to the point about 'that voice'.

It's almost became his defining motif as Batman which is a shame really as I thought he was the best Bruce Wayne/Batman. I personally liked the voice in TDK/R ( loved BB voice, perfect). But it's become such a divisive matter (whether you love the voice or hate it) that people forget or ignore that Bale gave great performances in these films.
I loved the voice because it really felt like he was a man repressing some sort of deep pain by being this persona he created. It's kind of a childish thing when you think about it, dressing up as a bat and fighting crime, but that's the point. It's indicative of how dark and troubled this character is; I mean, how messed up would you have to be to become a "Batman"? Bale portrayed that role perfectly.

However that's only one element to the character. It's a shame because Bale gave the best performance in TDKR and made this iconic character feel real and deeply emotional throughout the trilogy, but people overlook it. It's obvious he truly understood Bruce Wayne and he performed consistently.

Bale is fantastic as Batman/Bruce Wayne, and the best superhero actor imo. The voice never really bothered me except for the undue attention it gets, in fact the voice makes his Batman distinct from the others. He is one of the best and favorite aspects of the TDK trilogy for me.

I still think Bale's portrayal has a lot of fans and admirers both within and outside the comic book movie audience and for many people including me he is the definitive Batman. :batman:

marblemania wrote:
TehBatGetsBraked wrote:No man I totally agree. Glad someone actually said it
:thumbup:
TalkOnCorners wrote:I totally agree. It also frustrates me because most of the complaints about his Batman is not even his fault IMO.
I've always wondered if the voice was fully performed by Bale or if it was tweaked in post-production. I've always thought that the voice in BB was his but for TDK it was altered for some reason.

Whatever reason, It's a shame that it's somehow overshadowed his terrific portrayal of Batman.
As far as I remember the French dubber said he had to do the Batman's voice naturally cause Nolan said Bale did it naturally.

Bale / Batman finally felt human and relatable to me in TDKR. He's the best and most memorable character of the show this time instead of the villain.

He was the best Batman/Bruce Wayne by far ! There are(thankfully) many people that think so too. He was amazing.