No Joker for Batman 3

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Script is completed
The role of the joker won't be recast, no joker in third film.
Warner is already setting everything up for filming while Nolan promotes inception
Locations are all set. (london - chicago) likely to be the 2 main locations for this film.
Bale, Caine and Oldman confirmed
Script written by David Goyer and Jonathan Nolan

source: http://www.google.com/hostednews/epa/ar ... LtQ2by9-5g (EPA) (Spanish)
http://www.thehdroom.com/news/Nolan-Say ... man-3/6828 (English)
Last edited by Alterno on June 5th, 2010, 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alterno wrote:Script is completed
Warner is already setting everything up for filming while Nolan promotes inception
Locations are all set. (london - chicago) likely to be the 2 main locations for this film.

Where does it say this (the bolded)?

chee wrote:
Alterno wrote:Script is completed

Where does it say this (the bolded)?
Warner/Legendary stuff..
El estudio acaba de comenzar el proceso de desarrollo del filme mientras Nolan está envuelto en la promoción de "Inception", que se estrena el 16 de julio.

Still not title for the next film + bale, caine and oldman stuff
No existe por el momento título oficial para esta tercera entrega, aunque se da por descontado que Christian Bale repetirá en el papel de "Batman", así como Michael Caine en el del mayordomo Alfred y Gary Oldman en el del comisionado Gordon.

Goyer + Jonathan nolan
Por ahora se cuenta con un guión escrito por David Goyer y el hermano de Christopher Nolan, Jonathan.

Joker not returning ...
Los Ángeles (EE.UU.), 4 jun (EFE).- Christopher Nolan, director de "Batman Begins" y "The Dark Knight", dijo que el personaje del "Joker", al que dio vida el fallecido Heath Ledger en la segunda entrega de la revitalizada franquicia, no aparecerá en la tercera parte de la saga

En declaraciones que publica hoy el portal Empire, el cineasta británico respondió con un rotundo "no" a la pregunta de si el villano regresaría al universo del hombre murciélago interpretado por otro actor. "Simplemente no me siento cómodo al respecto", apuntó.

I'm missing the source about the locations where the sequel will take place, need to find the second source, let me check the history of my browser.

English source added, enjoy English speakers... :P

Most people saw this coming, about no Joker.
I just hope that Nolan some how will use some un-used footage of Ledger, he mentioned that it was a possibility back in 2009(or something). Would be very cool to mingel the storylines like that.

Nobody can replace Heath. And it's a smart move to have everything set if they actually want a June 20, 2012 release.

he hasn't said so.
what he said is:
As for what new characters we will see in Batman 3, Christopher remains tight-lipped. He did however confirm that Mr. Freeze is not the villain, and spoke for the first time about the potential for The Joker to return. "'No' says Nolan, emphatically and unhesitatingly. 'I just don't feel comfortable talking about it." So now the list of no-show villains stands at The Joker, Mr. Freeze and The Penguin. The odds of The Riddler appearing continue to rise.
gib sigs

We really should move on from this.

not a suprise...

No surprises here. I knew Nolan would eventually say "no", in both respect and because you won't find anyone else to match up to Heath's standards as The Joker.