Why are there shadows going across batman in his last scene

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
There are barely any clouds in the sky in that scene. Whatever clouds there are that are blocking the sun are too close to the sun to produce such a frequent on-off shadow motion and for them to do that they need to be very close to the Bat.

the crimson elephant wrote:i am seriously thinking about what somefrenchtoast said about the shadows being clouds and he just didnt make it. he sacrificed himself. and also looking at the scar on his head in florence looks like it has a horizontal line through it...it should have been just vertical. damn i cant believe im saying this but he really died. :batface: :suicide:
Except for the part where we saw Bruce live and well at the end. What does the shape of the scar have to do with anything? Have you ever been hammer-punched in the forehead five times really quickly? Lol the shape of the scar has nothing to do with it. Why would Alfred imagine Bruce there with Selina? He never knew they were involved; if anything he would've imagined Bruce with Rachel or Miranda or some other random woman. And why would he imagine Selina wearing the pearls? You know, the pearls that were, um, missing from the estate? And listen to the music - the entire last two minutes of music during the ending montage were upbeat, and the heavy drums that kicked in when Alfred saw Bruce and Selina were a happy, upbeat, f*** yeah type of drums. Nothing ambiguous about it. Bruce lived. Multipe actors including Caine himself have confirmed, the novel confirmed, the script, etc. It was a happy ending and I have no clue why some people still think Bruce died. Alfred's fantasy consisted of seeing a man facing the other direction who would turn around and be revealed as not Bruce. Yet at the end Bruce was facing Alfred, and in fact smiled and nodded. Way different from his fantasy. The ending is real. It's Batman, not Inception 2.
prince0gotham wrote:There are barely any clouds in the sky in that scene. Whatever clouds there are that are blocking the sun are too close to the sun to produce such a frequent on-off shadow motion and for them to do that they need to be very close to the Bat.
Exactly. Pause the following video at exactly 2:03 and watch it in high-def. There are hardly any clouds.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... hQY7kpOc50[/youtube]

Evil Eversor wrote:Those shadows on face of batman and whole scene is imagination of John Blake with a "drama" effect.
http://www.nolanfans.com/forums/viewtop ... 10#p543757
^ here on these forums i tried to explain my theory)
Except no one believes that you "saw" Batman gliding out of the Bat. It was debris and you still insist that it was Batman with a parachute-thingy.

Clouds would not be small enough, or even close enough, to produce quick shadows like that over Bruce's face; they're buildings.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Cilogy wrote:they're buildings.
Exactly.
Brave New World

nolangoatdirector wrote:
Evil Eversor wrote:Those shadows on face of batman and whole scene is imagination of John Blake with a "drama" effect.
http://www.nolanfans.com/forums/viewtop ... 10#p543757
^ here on these forums i tried to explain my theory)
Except no one believes that you "saw" Batman gliding out of the Bat. It was debris and you still insist that it was Batman with a parachute-thingy.
Except you must be really blind to not see that and still keeping pushing your point and i'm mine.
If I could make a gif of that, I' would do it.

Evil Eversor wrote:
nolangoatdirector wrote: Except no one believes that you "saw" Batman gliding out of the Bat. It was debris and you still insist that it was Batman with a parachute-thingy.
Except you must be really blind to not see that and still keeping pushing your point and i'm mine.
If I could make a gif of that, I' would do it.
Except no one else believes it except for you and the OP of that thread. It was either debris, one of those small water tank things, and/or part of a building. It wasn't Batman gliding out. You're seeing only what you want to see.

I think you guys are looking a little to hard into this 8-) . The shadows were probably just added for dramatic effect.

The whole scene had make us believe Batman actually died, or the reveal at the end wouldn't have any impact. It had to be as believable as it was to the people in Gotham who watched it happen.

the crimson elephant wrote:trying to put this problem to the side and understand why there are shadows going across batman while he is in the bat if he is in the ocean. or is this an editing trick nolan pulled over us to get us to bite and believe he is accepting fate and going towards his demise.
It simply proves he is NOT flying over water.