Why are there shadows going across batman in his last scene

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Yeah, I'm usually all for tearing down films and analyzing them frame by frame, but I have to admit, I'm pretty confident this was for dramatic effect. The two Bat theory doesn't make sense. Fox surely would have noticed his extra missing, right?

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:Yeah, I'm usually all for tearing down films and analyzing them frame by frame, but I have to admit, I'm pretty confident this was for dramatic effect. The two Bat theory doesn't make sense. Fox surely would have noticed his extra missing, right?

-Vader
Armory was raided. He couldn't be sure about it.
gib sigs

Pratham wrote:
Vader182 wrote:Yeah, I'm usually all for tearing down films and analyzing them frame by frame, but I have to admit, I'm pretty confident this was for dramatic effect. The two Bat theory doesn't make sense. Fox surely would have noticed his extra missing, right?

-Vader
Armory was raided. He couldn't be sure about it.
I mean, I guess. The thing is, we're literally given zero reasons to think otherwise. As far as the film tells us, they only took the tumblers. We're shown two bats in the movie, and you see them fucking around with one at the end sooo.

-Vader

yeah you'd think that if there was a second one in the armory they'd use it to defend themselves

Yeah. I dunno. My theory is that Batman used some nifty something or other from the batcave or bat bunker to do something cool. The fact he lied to Fox and Selina, even to the end, about fixing the autopilot means since he popped up in Gotham again with Selina he had already formulated a step by step plan. Bruce was executing a grand-scale heist of sorts throughout the final 45 minutes, we just didn't realize it until the end- it's why the ending is so important for Rises, and elevates the film higher than it already was.

-Vader

I agree that the last shots of Batman were just for dramatic effect and were not depicting what was actually happening. And I definitely don't agree with the two bats theory as it would've made no sense, because Bruce was trying to get people to think that Batman died. Why the hell would he get into and fly away in another Bat in broad daylight after having ejected from the first Bat? People would have seen this other Bat flying away. The last shots of Batman were visual "lies" to the audience to make us think he died.
Vader182 wrote:Yeah. I dunno. My theory is that Batman used some nifty something or other from the batcave or bat bunker to do something cool. The fact he lied to Fox and Selina, even to the end, about fixing the autopilot means since he popped up in Gotham again with Selina he had already formulated a step by step plan. Bruce was executing a grand-scale heist of sorts throughout the final 45 minutes, we just didn't realize it until the end- it's why the ending is so important for Rises, and elevates the film higher than it already was.

-Vader
But the idea of flying the bomb out over the bay came at the last second. The plan was always to hook it back up to the reactor, wasn't it?

Why Bruce didn't come into the city earlier, I dunno. Maybe he was still planning, maybe he couldn't logistically. Who knows. The point is- his 'plan' as we see it in the film was to get to Bane and find the triggerman/trigger just on the off chance they decide to hit detonate prior to being able to dispose of the bomb in some form. But I mean, think about this. Even if they apprehended the bomb completely perfectly, they didn't have a sprawling chase around the city, or Bats defeated Bane straightaway, he'd still have barely enough time to reconnect it. For that reason, flying it out over the ocean seems most likely to have been his plan all along, especially since, as I said, he lied about the autopilot from the beginning. In fact, he brings up that the autopilot still doesn't work to Fox- reminding both him and the audience. Why else lie?

-Vader

The more TDKR is picked apart...the worse it gets. Please stop. :shh:

Jungian wrote:The more TDKR is picked apart...the worse it gets. Please stop. :shh:
Criticism of other posts is fine and sometimes encouraged. Being obnoxious, abrasive, and mindless isn't.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:Yeah. I dunno. My theory is that Batman used some nifty something or other from the batcave or bat bunker to do something cool. The fact he lied to Fox and Selina, even to the end, about fixing the autopilot means since he popped up in Gotham again with Selina he had already formulated a step by step plan. Bruce was executing a grand-scale heist of sorts throughout the final 45 minutes, we just didn't realize it until the end- it's why the ending is so important for Rises, and elevates the film higher than it already was.

-Vader
Thank you, that's pretty much my theory but you articulated it better.
Jungian wrote:The more TDKR is picked apart...the worse it gets. Please stop. :shh:
Just the opposite for me.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.