Would you have wanted a longer film, at the expense of IMAX?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Wow, this thread went downhill fast.

Would I have liked a longer film? Definitely. Were some scenes missing? Yes.

Would I have wanted a longer film at the expense of IMAX? Absolutely NOT. Seeing this in real IMAX was absolutely breathtaking and stunning.

It was how Nolan wanted the film to be seen. The IMAX scenes themselves tell part of the story with their imagery and visual information. I was lucky enough to see it in real IMAX 5 times. I know many people did not get the opportunity to see it in real IMAX. Nolan however did everything he possibly could to get as many as possible to see it in IMAX. The only thing left is for us to get a re-release in IMAX.

Yes, Nolan knew from the beginning of the IMAX limitation, but even with his very tight final draft of the script, there were still some scenes missing from the final script in the film itself.

Films are not an exact science by any means. During production, and then post-production, Nolan realized some parts of the final script would have to be cut in order to make the time limit. Scripts also don't detail action sequences.

For what it's worth, according to Lee Smith in "The Art And Making of The Dark Knight Trilogy", the majority of cuts were to action scenes, and this is quite obvious if you watch the final act of the film. You can feel a lot of action is missing.

Would Nolan have loved to show a much more epic and grand film on screen? I'm sure he would have, but he was always aware of the IMAX time limit, so he did the best he could under the circumstances.

For that I applaud Nolan. He made an incredible movie given all the constraints he was forced to deal with. That is why Rises to me is the best Batman film in Nolan's trilogy.
Cilogy wrote:At the expense of IMAX, definitely not.

The editing flaws and annoyances are still worth the beauty of the IMAX scenes.
This.
"Peace has cost you your strength! Victory has defeated you!"