Would you have wanted a longer film, at the expense of IMAX?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
I'm anchoring my argument people were overly critical towards Rises by explaining The Dark Knight wasn't nearly as picked apart or attacked as Rises, even though it arguably has bigger plotting errors/holes than Rises. That's the point. It didn't get nearly as much criticism in any circle, critics, fans, or blogging sites. They universally embraced it. Many popular blogging sites and critics tore apart Rises, and many people followed suit.

Additionally, I'm not validating or justifying for any flaws in Rises in any way at all. In fact, I'm leading the charge for what I feel are serious flaws with the film, just like a did in my last post in this thread. As I continue explaining, it's the inequality of how critical people are across the two films that frustrates me so. It's a bias, one I feel people may annoyingly never overcome.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:I'm anchoring my argument people were overly critical towards Rises by explaining The Dark Knight wasn't nearly as picked apart or attacked as Rises, even though it arguably has bigger plotting errors/holes than Rises. That's the point. It didn't get nearly as much criticism in any circle, critics, fans, or blogging sites. They universally embraced it. Many popular blogging sites and critics tore apart Rises, and many people followed suit.

Additionally, I'm not validating or justifying for any flaws in Rises in any way at all. In fact, I'm leading the charge for what I feel are serious flaws with the film, just like a did in my last post in this thread. As I continue explaining, it's the inequality of how critical people are across the two films that frustrates me so. It's a bias, one I feel people may annoyingly never overcome.

-Vader
Oh okay, makes sense.

Although personally, while I like TDKR more, I feel like its' flaws are worse than TDK. I find Bruce coming back to Gotham a bigger issue than the Joker party scene, and while not plot holes the Bat gasoline light annoyed me and Bane's death infuriated me.

So while I think the few TDKR flaws were worse than TDK's flaws, I found the rest of TDKR better than TDK.

I hope this post made sense, on a phone and very tired.

Vader182 wrote:I'm anchoring my argument people were overly critical towards Rises by explaining The Dark Knight wasn't nearly as picked apart or attacked as Rises, even though it arguably has bigger plotting errors/holes than Rises. That's the point. It didn't get nearly as much criticism in any circle, critics, fans, or blogging sites. They universally embraced it. Many popular blogging sites and critics tore apart Rises, and many people followed suit.

So now that that's been cleared up, what are your thoughts on the final battle sequence in TDKR with the police vs mercs? Did you feel that there was a lot of stuff cut out or just a little? And what about the bomb truck chase sequence? There was footage shot at the Wabash Tunnel in Pittsburgh that was cut... what surprises me is that Nolan apparently cut out action sequence portions. Thoughts?

Although personally, while I like TDKR more, I feel like its' flaws are worse than TDK. I find Bruce coming back to Gotham a bigger issue than the Joker party scene, and while not plot holes the Bat gasoline light annoyed me and Bane's death infuriated me.
Yeah, Batman igniting hope and therefore inspiring an army of cops and Bane dying in the same fashion he killed people through-out the film and effectively sentenced said army of cops to death, really fucking annoying. And I too am really bothered and baffled by how a master detective who spent 6 months roaming the planet without money just before being trained to become a deadly infiltrating force who owns a mansion -just- outside of Gotham that contains some of the greatest gadgetry and devices ever fashioned can get into a city of 12 million people. Really mind bending, frustrating stuff that my intellect just can't comprehend.

Crazy Eight wrote:And I too am really bothered and baffled by how a master detective who spent 6 months roaming the planet without money just before being trained to become a deadly infiltrating force
Not 6 months C8, 7 years. Mr Earl declared him dead. :geek:
gib sigs

Pratham wrote:
Crazy Eight wrote:And I too am really bothered and baffled by how a master detective who spent 6 months roaming the planet without money just before being trained to become a deadly infiltrating force
Yeah but for a good portion of that he was with the LoS. Training like that isn't brief. You're right though, 6 months is a low ball.

Crazy Eight wrote:
Pratham wrote:
Yeah but for a good portion of that he was with the LoS. Training like that isn't brief. You're right though, 6 months is a low ball.
I guesstimate 1-2 years w LoS. Maybe less even
Sigs???

TehBatGetsBraked wrote:
Crazy Eight wrote:
Earning a black belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu under a respected and credible "master" in two years for a professional fighter is considered rare and impressive. And that's a single, ground martial art like wrestling. I mean, League of Shadows training is meant to transform someone into one of the most effective physical killing machines, and a BJJ black belt isn't that, not to mention the brainwashing philosophy involved. I suspect the great portion of Bruce's absence was spent with the League.

Crazy Eight wrote:
TehBatGetsBraked wrote:
Earning a black belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu under a respected and credible "master" in two years for a professional fighter is considered rare and impressive. And that's a single, ground martial art like wrestling. I mean, League of Shadows training is meant to transform someone into one of the most effective physical killing machines, and a BJJ black belt isn't that, not to mention the brainwashing philosophy involved. I suspect the great portion of Bruce's absence was spent with the League.
You'll have to forgive me, I'm not as informed about this kind of thing as you. I don't know much about fighting or martial arts.
Sigs???

Crazy Eight wrote:
Yeah, Batman igniting hope and therefore inspiring an army of cops and Bane dying in the same fashion he killed people through-out the film and effectively sentenced said army of cops to death, really fucking annoying. And I too am really bothered and baffled by how a master detective who spent 6 months roaming the planet without money just before being trained to become a deadly infiltrating force who owns a mansion -just- outside of Gotham that contains some of the greatest gadgetry and devices ever fashioned can get into a city of 12 million people. Really mind bending, frustrating stuff that my intellect just can't comprehend.
First off ease up, no need to be so sarcastic over an opinion.

About him getting back to Gotham, I would have liked to see SOMETHING. At the very least have him mention to someone, maybe Selina, a brief sentence on how he got back. the fact that it was just skipped over and never explained annoyed me.

I understand the purpose of the bat symbol, I just thought it was dumb for him to spend likely hours on making it when he had very little time left before the bomb was ignited. Since he had to inspire the cops somehow, something a little more plausible would have been better for me.

And okay, say that excuse for Bane's death but I still don't think a villain of his caliber deserves to be just blown off screen and never mentioned again. It makes him look like just another henchman. It would have been much better if he was able to see his plan fail, rather than dying randomly. (Same with Talia, I wish she lived a little longer to see her plan fail, rather than die knowing she succeeded).