Do you think TDKR was the best movie of the year?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.

Do you think TDKR was the best movie of the year?

Yes it was better than anything I've seen this year
47%
That and some other films were the best of 2012
24%
No, but it was my favorite movie above all others
6%
No, but it was among the 10 best
11%
No, not even in my top ten list
11%

Total votes: 70

BanesMask wrote:No. Out of all the movies I saw last year it was one of the worst. Argo was arguably the best.

BanesMask wrote:No. Out of all the movies I saw last year it was one of the worst. Argo was arguably the best.

Within my own expectations of it, it didn't exactly meet up to it. That's not saying it was horrible, but it's not the best out of its own trilogy.
Compared to other films released in 2012, it's in the bottom tier of the films I watched this year. So no, it's not the best of the year for me.

Probably is my favorite, followed by Looper and Skyfall.

I think one of the worst this year goes to The Hobbit, maybe I need to watch it again but the more I think about it it was the corniest piece that didn't feel like it belonged in the same universe as the LOTR films.

Second best for me. Right behind Zero Dark Thirty and right above The Master.

Vader182 wrote:Based on what? The general consensus on Rises clashes with your own interpretation of its depth and quality.

-Vader
Based on my own personal view of the film, and my interpretation of it. In any case, the general consensus of Rises seems to be that people really like it. It outsold The Avengers on Blu-Ray/DVD in 2012, despite being released only at the end of 2012 on home video. That clearly shows the general audience really liked the film. Personally I feel it's a loud minority that is disappointed with Rises.

If the "general consensus" about Rises was disappointing, it would not have done so well on home video.
"Peace has cost you your strength! Victory has defeated you!"

For me it was.
Just a fan...

Yes, it was!

Best Movie of the Trilogy, Best Movie of the Year.