Why was TDKR snubbed at the Oscars?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
anikom15 wrote:
DoubleD wrote:Plus the Bond tribute and the Les Mis cast possibly singing.
*shudders*

Even when I enjoyed watching the awards I hated all the skits and tributes, although the hosts were usually pretty good. But I haven't watched since the 80th which was just so terrible, and I like Jon Stewart, but he was terrible, too.

Jesus. I just realised I haven't watched the Oscars in ages.
Good. You haven't missed much.

It was lacking originality and felt like a rushed follow up.. tdk all over again, and it seems the academy already didnt like the dark knight that much... which i think is a shame, cause its surely one of the best. On the other side I totally understand why tdkr was left out.

Hellghast34 wrote:It was lacking originality and felt like a rushed follow up.. tdk all over again, and it seems the academy already didnt like the dark knight that much... which i think is a shame, cause its surely one of the best. On the other side I totally understand why tdkr was left out.
Did you just say TDK was a rushed follow up?

For a movie of this scale (which was extremly impressive)
Yes .. the video i will post below explains some major problems without anyone talking its basicly a TDK and Batman Begins to TDKR comparison. (i dont want even to begin with the unlogic plots in the script)
Last edited by Hellghast34 on August 6th, 2013, 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

In my opinion the left one (TDK) has much more emotion in it (just look at the faces) and the thing is... most of these shots are key shots, meant to express emotion! I could write 20 pages about other problems, but that probably wouldn't change anyones opinion on the subject and thats totaly fine, i hoped for something equal to its predecessor and its not that it never could have been so, just it wasnt!
Last edited by Hellghast34 on August 6th, 2013, 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Well Oscars pretty much suck anyway. #TDK anyone

Hellghast34 wrote:

In my opinion the left one (TDK) has much more emotion in it (just look at the faces) and the thing is... most of these shots are key shots, meant to express emotion! I could write 20 pages about other problems, but that probably wouldn't change anyones opinion on the subject and thats totaly fine, i hoped for something equal to its predecessor and its not that it never could have been so, just it wasnt!
So TDKR didn't have any moments of emotion?

Thedarknight628 wrote:
Hellghast34 wrote:

I didnt say that, but in TDK there is so much more in the performances of the actors, its really fun to watch. Also i think the setup/structure was lacking this greatness TDK had where everything fits in the end, the focus in TDKR was weird as the title says TDKR, and then you wait 60mins for him to even show up... the only moment i really felt was great in a fitting way was michael caine as alfred.... but his screentime was way to short. In the previous films didnt had such a strong feeling that something wasnt right. It still is a good movie... not great but good.

Hellghast34 wrote:
Thedarknight628 wrote:
Hellghast34 wrote:

I didnt say that, but in TDK there is so much more in the performances of the actors, its really fun to watch. Also i think the setup/structure was lacking this greatness TDK had where everything fits in the end, the focus in TDKR was weird as the title says TDKR, and then you wait 60mins for him to even show up... the only moment i really felt was great in a fitting way was michael caine as alfred.... but his screentime was way to short. In the previous films didnt had such a strong feeling that something wasnt right. It still is a good movie... not great but good.
You do know that Batman wasn't the main focus of these films right? It was Bruce Wayne and his journey which TDKR did a great job of completing it, I really don't get that complaint.

that wasn't really an argument, that was more like an personal opinion story structure wise because it was simply to long whereby the 3rd act felt rushed. I understand that there are people who like it, (similar to me liking blade 1999 but i dont ask for an oscar because im not hyping it, i know its problems, the same with TDK) but the movie was overall weaker than tdk, thats why i think it was "snubbed"..