Why was TDKR snubbed at the Oscars?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
mao wrote:It's all relative. TDK > TDKR but TDKR > Les Miz. If Les Miz can get nominated for Best Picture and even win the Globes, then surely TDKR deserves a nod too. It's being penalized not for being a bad movie but for being associated with bad memories. Not to mention, it's stuck in the crossfires of someone's gun control agenda.
I don't know, musicals seem like oscar bait

Why must a film be Oscar bait to deserve an Oscar?

anikom15 wrote:Why must a film be Oscar bait to deserve an Oscar?
I'm taking a guess that it's because the Academy feels a sense of "obligation" to give Oscars to the films that are so blatantly made with the aim of receiving awards, regardless of whether the movie actually deserves it or not.

Perhaps the Academy should rename its award Best Picture to Best Picture Adapted to the Academy's Preferences.

For more 'information' about the subject:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OscarBait
Un lladre es un artista. Fa servir la imaginació per lluirse cuan roba el seu trofeu. Els detectius només analitzen el delicte i ens denuncien. Els detectius son uns simples critics.

So who's actually going to watch the Oscars this year?

anikom15 wrote:So who's actually going to watch the Oscars this year?
Me. I'm still a little disappointed that TDKR and Leo didn't get nominations but that won't stop me from watching the show.

anikom15 wrote:So who's actually going to watch the Oscars this year?
I'll watch. There are still some interesting races out there. Plus the Bond tribute and the Les Mis cast possibly singing.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

DoubleD wrote:Plus the Bond tribute and the Les Mis cast possibly singing.
*shudders*

Even when I enjoyed watching the awards I hated all the skits and tributes, although the hosts were usually pretty good. But I haven't watched since the 80th which was just so terrible, and I like Jon Stewart, but he was terrible, too.

Jesus. I just realised I haven't watched the Oscars in ages.