TDKR heavily snubbed in the BAFTA nominations

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
I'm really surprised because in predictions for Oscars they don't even put Rises for Sound Mixing and Sound Editing anymore. A while back it was lock for nomination in those categories according to majority of the predictions.

corderouge wrote:http://www.totalfilm.com/news/2013-baft ... -announced

TDKRs only nomination as far as I can see is for Special Visual Effects. Snubbed for Best film (as expected), nothing for director, nothing at all for cinematography which is my biggest disappointment.

If this is any sign of things to come tomorrow with the Academy nominations, it's not looking so good for Team Nolan.
I'm not surprised, to be honest. Great as the film was, the committees that vote for/ decide this stuff have patterns that they're not going to deviate from any time soon. :problem: :(

Syncopy528491 wrote:Considering the movie was plot hole ridden, cheesy and lazy from a storytelling perspective, I am not surprised.
lol

no
Sigs???

Syncopy528491 wrote:Considering the movie was plot hole ridden, cheesy and lazy from a storytelling perspective, I am not surprised.
Says the guy with a TDKR-related signature

Why are you here?

People actually give a fuck about BAFTA?

ComptonTerry wrote:People actually give a fuck about BAFTA?
I'm more surprised that people actually give a fuck about the Golden Globes... :P .

Nah, it's the closest thing we have to Oscars. The latter just has more of a reputation.

Well, Mark Kermode is a BAFTA member and loved TDKR so I think it might not be without admirers at the BAFTAs but there were many artistic independent films that were very good as well and I think films like Argo, Beasts of the Southern Wild, etc. deserve some attention. Scorsese had to wait for decades until he received his Oscar. I think Nolan will receieve his Oscar eventually if he can turn out another Universally acclaimed film but we have to admit that not a negligible number of people thought TDKR was disappointing. Maybe they all got together and voted against the film :lol: .

Oh. You again.
We really should stop this fighting, otherwise we'll miss the fireworks!