Your Favorite Things About TDKR

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Errrrrrthing

but if I were to make a mini list:
- BANE
- plane hijacking
- All backstory and scenes involving the pit.
- Batman vs. Bane 1
- Crane cameo

Shrimp balls.

My obvious answer is ALL THINGS BANE!! That character took my unsuspecting self by storm and has yet to let me go. I do pray he never does. :-D

Besides all things Bane, the scenes I enjoy most during my innumerable viewings are the scenes in the pit with Bruce. Loved the set and even the minor characters of the mentor prisoner and the doctor. (Loved how the doc grasps the bar and says, "Deshi basara," right before Bruce makes it out.)

Also loved any scene with Lucius. The pesky look he gives Bruce when he says he's going to show him some stuff "for old time's sake" is classic Lucius. And his "Oh, dear" when the chamber is about to be flooded cracks me up every time ('cause I often deadpan that phrase in RL too).

Ditto on all Gordon scenes, particularly his Herculian effort to get the device on the truck to block the nuke's signal, and then after the truck takes its dive and the back door opens and there's poor Gordon crawling out of there. :lol: Reminds me of BB when he's freaking out inside the Tumbler.

The last ten minutes of the movie is wonderfully intense. Great pacing and editing there.

Another fav: the soundtrack. :twothumbsup:

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:The part where Bruce hands Selina the identity wiping thing and says "Start fresh" always makes me lol cause it reminds me of a gum commercial.
Speaking of this scene, can someone explain to me Selina's behavior here? This is the only time I really didn't understand her character. Why was she so mean and cold toward Bruce? She goes "If you're expecting an apology..."
Here's what I immediately thought: "Really you fool? You betrayed him. The deal was to take him to Bane, not to lock him in a cage match with Bane. Due to this betrayal, Bruce got his head brutally smashed in and his back broken, before being taken to a hellish prison god knows how far away where he suffered even more. And you're gonna tell him basically to not expect an apology?" I mean, if it was any other man, I wouldn't have cared. But for Selina to be that cruel toward Bruce really bothered me. And I hated Bruce's response: "It wouldn't suit you." Meaning what, that because she's Selina Kyle, she shouldn't have to apologize or make up for what she did?

Then there's her line "And why would I help you?" My reaction to this: "Hmm... let's see. Maybe because you really do owe him a lot, especially after betraying him, causing him to become crippled, and almost getting him killed. Not to mention when he saved your life on that rooptop from Bane and Dagget's men. And didn't call the police on you when you stole his fingerprints." It shouldn't have taken Bruce offering her the Clean Slate for her to help him, considering that she should've helped him just to make up for betraying him.

Anyone have any thoughts on why Selina acted this way? Seemed totally out of character for her to do that to Bruce Wayne. She didn't even ask if he was alright! I mean I know she had that brief guilty look on her face when he first called out to her before quickly hiding her emotions, but still. "If you're expecting an apology" is a pretty damn harsh thing to say considering how badly he got hurt. I thought she really came off as a cold-hearted b**** during this scene.

nolangoatdirector wrote: Speaking of this scene, can someone explain to me Selina's behavior here? This is the only time I really didn't understand her character. Why was she so mean and cold toward Bruce? She goes "If you're expecting an apology..."
Here's what I immediately thought: "Really you fool? You betrayed him. The deal was to take him to Bane, not to lock him in a cage match with Bane. Due to this betrayal, Bruce got his head brutally smashed in and his back broken, before being taken to a hellish prison god knows how far away where he suffered even more. And you're gonna tell him basically to not expect an apology?" I mean, if it was any other man, I wouldn't have cared. But for Selina to be that cruel toward Bruce really bothered me. And I hated Bruce's response: "It wouldn't suit you." Meaning what, that because she's Selina Kyle, she shouldn't have to apologize or make up for what she did?

Then there's her line "And why would I help you?" My reaction to this: "Hmm... let's see. Maybe because you really do owe him a lot, especially after betraying him, causing him to become crippled, and almost getting him killed. Not to mention when he saved your life on that rooptop from Bane and Dagget's men. And didn't call the police on you when you stole his fingerprints." It shouldn't have taken Bruce offering her the Clean Slate for her to help him, considering that she should've helped him just to make up for betraying him.

Anyone have any thoughts on why Selina acted this way? Seemed totally out of character for her to do that to Bruce Wayne. She didn't even ask if he was alright! I mean I know she had that brief guilty look on her face when he first called out to her before quickly hiding her emotions, but still. "If you're expecting an apology" is a pretty damn harsh thing to say considering how badly he got hurt. I thought she really came off as a cold-hearted b**** during this scene.
I think it fits very well with her character. Think how she behaves even after this event...saying that she's going to leave Gotham and leave Batman once again in the lurch. She's all badass talk, but when it comes down to it the second time you know what she does.

banepants wrote:
nolangoatdirector wrote: Speaking of this scene, can someone explain to me Selina's behavior here? This is the only time I really didn't understand her character. Why was she so mean and cold toward Bruce? She goes "If you're expecting an apology..."

I think it fits very well with her character. Think how she behaves even after this event...saying that she's going to leave Gotham and leave Batman once again in the lurch. She's all badass talk, but when it comes down to it the second time you know what she does.
But for her to act that way towards BRUCE WAYNE, her eventual soulmate both in the comics and in this movie, was just... mean. Bruce is supposed to be the one person she doesn't act that way towards. Now I know that they don't fall in love in this movie until the end and that she was a criminal in this movie but still. She DID let him in her apartment earlier without demanding money from him, and let him dance with her with no problem. After the Bane fight, she realized that Bruce is a good, noble man, better than any she has ever known. Yet when he returns to Gotham after getting his head smashed and his back broken (largely thanks to her) she treats him like a dog. She's supposed to have feelings for him or at least care for him a little bit. I just don't see why she acts so cold towards him in this part.

Forum Pro
Law
2 mny pl0t h0l3z 4 m3

Law wrote:2 mny pl0t h0l3z 4 m3
:lol:
Sigs???

Law wrote:2 mny pl0t h0l3z 4 m3
You making fun of me? :(

Forum Pro
Law
In no order..

1. Plane Heist, mainly this shot of Bane