Your Favorite Things About TDKR

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
manofsteel1 wrote:BlairCo your comparing the epic conclusion to the dark knight trilogy to the man of steel they .Are two completely different yet perfect films in two separate dc universes i love both films .
I didn't compare it. The only comparison I can make between the two is the similar emotional feel, but nothing else.

It is not literally my favorite thing about the film but I really LOVE Oldman in it, it is really my favorite performance of his in the trilogy. I know he does not get as much as TDK but he makes the most of every second.

Allstar wrote:It is not literally my favorite thing about the film but I really LOVE Oldman in it, it is really my favorite performance of his in the trilogy. I know he does not get as much as TDK but he makes the most of every second.
He was indeed great. The scene where the goons are coming for him in the hospital (with Zimmer's driving drums in the background) really had me twisted into knots. I was worried about Gordon throughout the film. In fact, before seeing TDKR, I thought, "They'd better not kill Gordon or I'll go nuts." 8-)

Baniac wrote:
Allstar wrote:It is not literally my favorite thing about the film but I really LOVE Oldman in it, it is really my favorite performance of his in the trilogy. I know he does not get as much as TDK but he makes the most of every second.
He was indeed great. The scene where the goons are coming for him in the hospital (with Zimmer's driving drums in the background) really had me twisted into knots. I was worried about Gordon throughout the film. In fact, before seeing TDKR, I thought, "They'd better not kill Gordon or I'll go nuts." 8-)
"Clear the corners, rookie."
BOSS!!!

I love the films ugly truth. I initially questioned a third film after the end of The Dark Knight. I was concerned that continuing the story might somehow distill TDK's ending. But especially after watching TDKR I realize how wrong it would have been to end Batman's story on that note. What Gordon and Batman did at the end of TDK was wrong, no matter how beautiful and selfless it may have seemed. Oldman and Bale did such an amazing job of showing how the guilt from their actions weighed so heavily on them over 8 years. It truly was the logical story progression to have a long gap in between films to show what happens to a society when it is based on a lie. The way they used Bane and the LOS to act as this metaphorical and literal "reckoning" rising from underground and revealing the ugly truth Gordon tried to bury was genius.

It's interesting to see when the protagonists have to face consequences for their actions. Protagonists too often get away without answering for their choices. But Gordon and Batman suffered through the majority of this film and having John Blake sort of be the conscience and voice of reason for both of them was very cool. I also love how the movie contradicts itself as Blake lies to the children about the bus protecting them from the bomb implying false hope. I thought that was very clever in showing how we do what feels right at the time even if it goes against what we normally believe. I felt this trilogy as whole was a lot about making choices and having to answer for those choices right or wrong.

I really can't get enough of this film and it's one of those movies I have a hard time accepting when people say that they don't like it.

(No particular order)

-The performances (and the Ra's cameo)
-Sweeping, textured feel
-The way the action sequences develop
-References to the previous films, especially Batman's reveal to Gordon, and the new Batsuit's vulnerability to knives
-The whole ending sequence (I still tear up when Bruce's will is read)

I love the fact that the city was overtaken by Bane. I have seen a lot of movies (and animated series, in my childhood) where the villain's plans to take over the world/city are always foiled by the hero. This is the first time in a movie where I have seen the villain successfully take over a city and destroy the hero by taking away everything that matters to him.

My favorite character in Selina Kyle and I wanted to see more of her. the bar scene, maid scene, and the batpod scenes are all great. I love the way she looks when she wears the pearl necklace.

The scores 'Why do we fall?' 'Rise' and the third trailer's are all amazing.

The ending. a lot of people complained that Batman should have died. The fact is Batman did die, just ask any person living in Gotham. Bruce escaping death has no negative effect on Gotham. Some also say that Bruce shouldn't be with a criminal but Bruce knows criminals very well (Batman Begins) and selina is not a criminal by heart.

- Bane's dialogue.
- Climbing out of the pit.
- Music.
- Cinematography (My god, I'm still depressed Wally didn't get an Oscar nomination for this).
- The tone of finality. Everything lead to this.

Looking back on it. This really is the most impressive of the 3. I love that it explores the city structurally. The city is a huge character. The lies literally come from beneath the city. Wally's cinematography is ace. I love that it's about Bruce. He's more interesting than Batman to me. Also love how emotional it is. BB had some emotion but TDK really didn't even attempt it. It's impressive here. I also love Bane and his dialogue, mask, costume, etc. His whole plan is great. The pacing of the film is the best of the 3 as well. Im also amazed that a BATMAN movie took story inspiration from Charles Dickens A Tale of Two Cities and Fritz Lang's Metropolis.

Absence of Superman, Wonder Woman, Cyborg, Jimmy Olsen, and Lois Lane.