Changes I would have made to TDKR

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
1.) Not have Bruce be crippled. Have him have been training intensely for 8 years, eager to return as Batman (which is similar to what's in the actual movie, in that he eagerly wanted to return as Batman). This way, it'll make Bane look better in that he crushed a Batman all trained up, also I think it makes more sense.

2.) Have one scene showing guards using the ropes to explain how the prisoners were getting food and water. Show another quick scene showing all the guards leaving to join Bane. This just clarifies how the prisoners got food and why Bruce was alone when he escaped.

3.) Have Bruce figure out to use the rope on his own! Not have the Doctor tell him! Seriously, it's just better. Have the Doctor tell him he needs the fear of death at the most, and then have Bruce realize the only way is to be like the child.

4.) Okay, here's my biggest change: Have Bane be unaware the bomb will explode on its own. Have him actually want to cause a revolution, and have only Talia the one who wants to blow up Gotham for revenge. Bane then finds out Talia betrayed him with Batman tells Bane after his beatdown that the bomb will explode. Now, after Talia stabs Batman and stuff, Talia AND Bane escape, and you can replace the Bane death scene with someone else, like Barsad.

Now, on the truck, there's a wildly different ending. Bane and Talia are in the truck, and Talia is saying stuff about her father and stuff. Bane, feeling betrayed, and not wanting the city to be completely blown up for no reason, he sacrifices himself by blowing up a grenade or something, causing the truck to fall down and it kills both him and Talia. What does this do?

-Gives Bane a better death I feel, redeems himself somewhat, plus it doesn't make him an afterthought like in the actual movie

-Stops Batman being the one from killing Talia and her driver (Seriously watch the scene, Batman straight up shoots the driver)

-Makes the motivations of the characters a little better I think.

I'd appreciate if you guys tell me what you thought of my changes.

:| they're plot holes/ stupid changes.
Last edited by RyanRises on December 26th, 2012, 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brave New World

ok

yeah no to #4 completely
Sigs???

It's not perfect, sure, but these changes don't make much sense

RyanRises wrote::| they're plot holes/ stupid changes.
I understand 1 and 4 are major changes, why don't you elaborate on why?

And how are 2 and 3 stupid changes?

4 would ruin the character of Bane.

I would make some drastic changes. Slower pace, more character study for Bruce, Bane, and Selina, less action, less typical Hollywood blockbuster plot. Attempt to have Nolan's writing meet something Paul Thomas Anderson would do with these characters.

TehBatGetsBraked wrote:ok

yeah no to #4 completely
Yeah 4 is a bit too much of a change. What about the first 3 though?

Avatar Korra wrote:3.) Have Bruce figure out to use the rope on his own! Not have the Doctor tell him! Seriously, it's just better.
I don't see any argument elaborating why that would be better. You just throw in a bunch of ideas and explain them with a "it's better".

The fourth idea is the worst, I think. Why would Batman know the bomb would explode if no one has said it before? This is stupid.

Bane's death was good insofar as it was realistic (more or less, the shot should have blown him to pieces of guts and bones because of its power, but whatever, the film is for all audiences), so I see no need of changing it.

The guard scenes would be a waste of time, we don't need that. We don't care about how the prisoners are surviving and that leaves room for yummy imagination anyway.

TehBatGetsBraked wrote:ok

yeah no to #4 completely
Yeah 4 is a bit too much of a change. What about the first 3 though?

1) Bruce is crippled. Having the screenplay make Bruce unscathed from the events of The Dark knight would make much of it redundant. He was beaten, stabbed and fell a huge drop.

2) Who cares how they got food?? They probably had a guy drop some food in every day or two. It's completely irrelevant to the plot and would only waste time

3) :eh: this changes nothing really
Sigs???

1. No, we needed to see that the events of The Dark Knight had a meaningful effect. Having Bruce be in tip-top physical condition would negate that. We needed to see that he was at one of his lowest points his life, and this was shown through the physical and emotional damage that he was suffering from.

2. Why do we need to see this? Should there have been a scene showing us where the prisoners take a shit as well? Do we need to have everything explained to us?

3. No, the blind doctor was a very necessary character. Bruce's need for father figures in his life is a prevalent theme in the films and it was very fitting to have one help him overcome that struggle.

4. If Bane's motivation is just to cause a revolution then why does he beat the shit out of Batman and torture him? That means that the part of the film which takes place in the prison doesn't need to exist at all. In fact, it would make sense then that Bane should kill Batman instantly after their first duel. Would that have made the movie better for you?