A thought about the Clean Slate...

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Z. Cobb wrote:
nolangoatdirector wrote:
Like how would you get a job,

write a resume,

have a passport,

be a citizen of Italy
Doesn't need a job, Trust Fund.

Doesn't need a resume. Trust Fund

Corruption to get passport. Trust Fund.
Thank you for answering. I appreciate it. But corruption to get a new passport? lol. Trust fund isn't the answer to everything, methinks. After using the clean slate, your name, social security number, and just about any other data is gone from every database on the planet. You would have to come up with a new identity. I've read some interesting fanfics about Bruce and Selina's lives in Europe, but none really elaborate on how they do so. Some just involve them getting new names, with lots of help from Fox regarding money and accounts and stuff. So maybe that's it. :geek:

nolangoatdirector wrote:
Z. Cobb wrote:
Doesn't need a job, Trust Fund.

Doesn't need a resume. Trust Fund

Corruption to get passport. Trust Fund.
Thank you for answering. I appreciate it. But corruption to get a new passport? lol. Trust fund isn't the answer to everything, methinks. After using the clean slate, your name, social security number, and just about any other data is gone from every database on the planet. You would have to come up with a new identity. I've read some interesting fanfics about Bruce and Selina's lives in Europe, but none really elaborate on how they do so. Some just involve them getting new names, with lots of help from Fox regarding money and accounts and stuff. So maybe that's it. :geek:
They don't even need Fox. There are people out there who can create fake documentations (passport, IDs, etc.). Both Selina and Bruce are knowledgeable enough of the crime world to know some of those people. :-D

nolangoatdirector wrote:Anyone have an answer to what I asked five posts up?
The criminal records system is not the entire government citizenship system?

That's a pretty interesting idea. I had a similar one, that the Clean Slate was something that Ra's Al Ghul used to assume his identity. Without his mortal past, he can appear to be immortal.
Crazy Eight wrote:
Allstar wrote: Thoughts on Michael Fassbender?
no ur a assbender

Bruce has tech that one of the largest police departments in one of the largest cities in the world doesn't have.

That clean slate, could easily be used in the reverse, to create an identity. That in turn would give them new ID's, passports, etc.

I'm Sure he had a cool name already picked out.

I do like the Topic Creators idea that Bruce bought it with intentions of keeping it out of the wrong hands.

Ant-LOX wrote:Bruce has tech that one of the largest police departments in one of the largest cities in the world doesn't have.

That clean slate, could easily be used in the reverse, to create an identity. That in turn would give them new ID's, passports, etc.

I do like the Topic Creators idea that Bruce bought it with intentions of keeping it out of the wrong hands.
:clap: great post!

Ant-LOX wrote:Bruce has tech that one of the largest police departments in one of the largest cities in the world doesn't have.

I have a feeling that I know what name he picked.

Crazy Eight wrote:
Allstar wrote: Thoughts on Michael Fassbender?
no ur a assbender

Well duh, Batman said as much in the movie to Catwoman: "I acquired it to keep it out of the wrong hands."

There was a lot more metaphor and allegory in TDKR than in the previous two films. Nolan just put everything in a very literal sense. I realize y'all are probably just talking about a what if scenario but the whole clean slate thing was pure allegory. The whole idea was simply that they got to have a fresh start. Just like climbing out of the well was more about Bruce learning to pick himself up. A lot of things were done in a very literal sense but with deeper meaning than what was presented.

When the heck was that EVER said or implied in the movie or in the marketing campaign materials? All it was said to do was erase all data on a person on all digital databases in the world. Never was anything said about creating a brand new identity.