Who else could of played Bane?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
banepants wrote:
Queen of Hearts wrote: studios were really wanting Hardy to play the lead in Abe L. Vampire Hunter, )
OH FUCK NO
My thoughts exactly lol..:-)
Baniac wrote:
Celestin wrote: Hardy was acting while he was fighting... The reason why Bane works in this movie - not just in the dialogue scenes - is because Hardy's performance came through whatever Bane was supposed to be doing... You could argue that he had a stunt double, but that was only in the reverse shots when you saw his back or during stunt shots... I mean, seriously? A CGI Hardy head on The Rock's body?? Bane was huge... Realistically huge. He was perfect.
Excellent post. Some might say Hardy as Bane didn't have to display as wide a range of emotions, say, as Bale as Batman, but like you said there was way more to Bane (Hardy) than fight scenes. The three scenes that displayed this range best: the terrifyingly powerful, sarcastic, in-charge Bane in the prologue, the calm, chilling, somehow-almost-empathetic-toward-Bruce Bane of the pit scene, and the pain-wracked, emotion-riddled, powerless Bane when he's laying with his mask broken, looking at Talia with tears in his eyes as she tells their story.

I know many of us despair that Hardy probably won't even get an Oscar nom for Bane, let alone a win, but I was thinking the other day about it and wondered what clip from TDKR would be used during the Oscars when his nomination was read. I think his monologue in the prison pit scene with Bruce would be the best. You get this soft-spoken, ethereal, intelligent dialogue from behind a hideous mask that is framed in such an intimidating way by Nolen. And then the acting Hardy does with his eyes throughout is just amazing.
I think that scene is one of the best scenes in the movie:-) I would love to see that play if he got nominated:-)

Queen of Hearts wrote:
banepants wrote:
OH FUCK NO
My thoughts exactly lol..:-)
Baniac wrote:
Excellent post. Some might say Hardy as Bane didn't have to display as wide a range of emotions, say, as Bale as Batman, but like you said there was way more to Bane (Hardy) than fight scenes. The three scenes that displayed this range best: the terrifyingly powerful, sarcastic, in-charge Bane in the prologue, the calm, chilling, somehow-almost-empathetic-toward-Bruce Bane of the pit scene, and the pain-wracked, emotion-riddled, powerless Bane when he's laying with his mask broken, looking at Talia with tears in his eyes as she tells their story.

I know many of us despair that Hardy probably won't even get an Oscar nom for Bane, let alone a win, but I was thinking the other day about it and wondered what clip from TDKR would be used during the Oscars when his nomination was read. I think his monologue in the prison pit scene with Bruce would be the best. You get this soft-spoken, ethereal, intelligent dialogue from behind a hideous mask that is framed in such an intimidating way by Nolen. And then the acting Hardy does with his eyes throughout is just amazing.
I think that scene is one of the best scenes in the movie:-) I would love to see that play if he got nominated:-)
Yeah, that or the clip in the sewer, starting out with, "Ohhhh, you think darkness is your ally. You merely adopted the dark." That whole bit along with the lighting and camera work is cinematic gold.

I would of liked to see Christopher Nolan get in the mask and see what he could of done.

Guy Pearce? That would be an interesting choice but I'm not sure if he could pull it off physically. Though I can already imagine him saying "Not as serious as yours, I fear."
sidewinder89 wrote:I would of liked to see Christopher Nolan get in the mask and see what he could of done.
Actually, that's how it's really done. He plays everyone (yes, even Selina Kyle) and the actors' faces are just inserted in post.
Crazy Eight wrote:
Allstar wrote: Thoughts on Michael Fassbender?
no ur a assbender

The only other actor from what I heard that was on Team Nolans very short list to possibly play Bane was Javier Bardem.

That's only if Hardy schedule couldn't be worked out. Hardy was going make the time no matter what to work with Nolan again and work with Bale for the first time.

A bulked up Javier Bardem as Bane would have been pretty impressive to see onscreen though.

Justin Bieber

Person of color for both Bane and Talia, but I'm going with the "best actor for the role" excuse cause its pretty obvious Nolan just wanted to work with them again since he reuses actors a lot. Still not a good excuse for white-washing the roles though.

(I ain't gonna get into another debate about this so: I enjoyed their acting and the movie a lot. Pointing out problematic things is not the end of the world.)

Michael Shannon
Truth is, sometimes I miss you so bad I can hardly stand it. - Jack Twist

Monicabbm wrote:Michael Shannon
I was thinking he was more suited for Catwoman.

Mr. Caine wrote:
Monicabbm wrote:Michael Shannon
I was thinking he was more suited for Catwoman.
He is so good in that clip.