The Dark Knight Rises on Blu-ray/DVD

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
I hope you guys can clarify this for me.... will the blu-ray NOT be changing formats/screen-size like the TDK BR did?
Is that what they mean when they say "Hybrid format"?

Don't know if this has been asked yet, I could not spot it if it had, sorry...

I hope you can help me out :)

I'm gonna have a hard time deciding which set I'm gonna purchase.

Decisions. Decisions.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

So which is the official DVD cover?
This:
Or this:

Bacon wrote:So which is the official DVD cover?
This:
Or this:
The first one is the UK cover.

The second one is the official US cover. Here is the slip cover for the Two-Disc Edition DVD

Rashad28 wrote:
Bacon wrote:So which is the official DVD cover?
This:
Or this:
The first one is the UK cover.

The second one is the official US cover. Here is the slip cover for the Two-Disc Edition DVD
Is there a link for the 2 disc version on Amazon/Wal-mart/anywhere? I want it to be legit. Cause that's what I'll be buying.

Maroti wrote:I hope you guys can clarify this for me.... will the blu-ray NOT be changing formats/screen-size like the TDK BR did?

Yes the TDKR will change aspect ratios for the IMAX scenes.

Link Is broken.

movieman1005 wrote:
Baniac wrote:
Just curious...do you have a 5-speaker system? I know that problem exists if someone uses a traditional 2-speaker system.

THE PRECIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not to bump in on the situation, but I have this problem as well (and I have TDK on Blu Ray and it plays on a 5 - speaker blu ray hoem theater system). The dvd on my old television also works the same; I think it must be the discs themselves.

btw I'm actually thinking I might wait till next year to get the ultimate edition, even though it'll be tough and there are some great deals out there already for this release.
I have a 7.1 PSB/Klipsch custom system with an upper level Marantz receiver. Basically, it's a first tier sound system that belittles anything possibly bought in a typical electronics store such as Best Buy. I'm not saying this to brag, I'm saying this because my system weeds through bad audio sources extremely well. I haven't ever had a single problem with the audio levels with any of Nolan's films, including TDK, of which I've watched numerous times since installing this system. Mess around with your settings. Make sure it's on DTS 5.1. Consider manually adjusting the speaker levels. I EQ'd my system manually and received much better results than when doing it automatically with the microphone.

Rashad28 wrote:
Maroti wrote:I hope you guys can clarify this for me.... will the blu-ray NOT be changing formats/screen-size like the TDK BR did?

Yes the TDKR will change aspect ratios for the IMAX scenes.
Awsome! Thanks man! I appreciate it :)