Did we ever figure out how Bruce did it??

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
He's the motherfucking Batman.

BlairCo wrote:I still think Bruce died. Alfred seeing Bruce at the cafe was a metaphor to tell us that he knew that Bruce, wherever he may be, is happy, and that he's done being Batman.

Then explain to me how Alfred would just imagine Selina there with Bruce?

xWhereAmI? wrote:
BlairCo wrote:I still think Bruce died. Alfred seeing Bruce at the cafe was a metaphor to tell us that he knew that Bruce, wherever he may be, is happy, and that he's done being Batman.

It's a metaphor. Selina just represents the person Bruce who he's gonna spend the rest of his life with. It could have been Miranda, it could have been Rachel. It didn't matter who it was.

BlairCo wrote:
xWhereAmI? wrote:

It's a metaphor. Selina just represents the person Bruce who he's gonna spend the rest of his life with. It could have been Miranda, it could have been Rachel. It didn't matter who it was.
Your thinking to Incpetion-y
Sigs???

ALFRED: But we have a trace on the necklace.

WAYNE: We do.
ALFRED: Fascinating. You two should exchange notes over coffee.

WAYNE: So now you’re trying to set me up with a jewel thief?

ALFRED: At this point, I'd set you up with a chimpanzee if it brought you back to the world.
Foreshadows the ending right there, before Alfred later on even gets to telling the story about the cafe and wishing Bruce never came back to Gotham.

As for the last shot of Batman in the Bat cockpit while the Bat is already shown over far out over the bay...a cheap, disappointing trick.

He's Batman. :batman:

BlairCo wrote:
xWhereAmI? wrote:

If it was a metaphor, and considering we see it through Alfred's eyes, it'd have rather been Rachel then. No, I just think it was real. No metaphor going on there. Just a simple and straightforward ending.

BlairCo wrote:
xWhereAmI? wrote:

That doesn't explain why in Alfred's story, we see that the man faces away from Alfred, whereas Buce sits facing Alfred. I think if it were Alfred's fantasy, then Bruce would have been facing the other way and then turned around to reveal himself.

Bruce is most definitely alive, if you ask me.

My theory is the two Bats, and that he switched during the building explosion. We had seen how sharply the Bat could turn, and yet he couldn't lift the bomb with so much more space to start lifting it? I think that was all an act, to justify the building being blown up. he probably ejected just as he blew up that building. Plus, in the scene where Fox first shows him the Bat, we catch a glimpse of at least one more in the background.

BlairCo wrote:
xWhereAmI? wrote:

Bruce definitely is alive. All those tips at the end and if Alfred imagines that, then for sure he would imagine Rachel, not Selina. He doesn't know almost anything about their relations.

If it was just Alfred's imagination, they wouldn't have bothered showing who the woman is. She could've just have her back turned. It could be anyone. The thing is, that scene is not just Alfred and Bruce's ending, it's also Selina's. They wanted to show that she, like Bruce, got her "fresh start". The ending of TDKR is clear cut to me. Nolan wanted to give Bruce a happy ending IMO.