Batman/Bane Parallels

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Thought of another one.. both could be called a 'Watchful Protector'...depending on how you look at it;-)

Queen of Hearts wrote:Thought of another one.. both could be called a 'Watchful Protector'...depending on how you look at it;-)
I actually think there's no difference between them on that one. No different way to look at it. No matter what they were fighting for, they wanted to protect what they cherished.

SomeFrenchToast wrote:
Queen of Hearts wrote:Thought of another one.. both could be called a 'Watchful Protector'...depending on how you look at it;-)
I actually think there's no difference between them on that one. No different way to look at it. No matter what they were fighting for, they wanted to protect what they cherished.

Good point:-) Guess I was thinking more of who they protected and the difference between them, but you are right, they both protected what they cherished.

Bane is always spending time on rooftops...

Both have some sort of technology keeping pain at bay...Bruce's leg brace and obviously Bane's mask.

Here's one thing to add: Bane's cave below Wayne Enterprises is a double of Batman's cave below Wayne Manor. Both lairs have underground waterfalls and what appear to be electronic surveillance centers.

Also: the electronically modulated voices.

trevelyan wrote:Here's one thing to add: Bane's cave below Wayne Enterprises is a double of Batman's cave below Wayne Manor. Both lairs have underground waterfalls and what appear to be electronic surveillance centers.

Also: the electronically modulated voices.
Bane's voice isn't electronically modulated.

Both are strong and intelligent, both have weird voices, they both hide behind masks to deal with their pain (in bane's case it's literally just that). They both manage to inspire people in their own way, they both have authoritarian tendencies but I think my favourite is that both have created a legend for themselves but unlike batman bane's legend is based on falsehood because it was not his feat to climb out of the Pit but he accepted that part just to make himself more important, whilst claiming to stand for justice but we ultimately discover that he's doing everything he does for purely selfish reasons, whereas batman goes so far as to sacrifice himself for his cause. Also, bane's strength only comes from the fact that he uses a painkiller. Once the mask gets destroyed bane is done, whereas the symbol of batman needs to be destroyed so bruce wayne can finally live.