Are your friends torn on TDKR?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
As I imagine is true also for a lot of you, I have a ton of movie geek friends that aren't specifically Nolan fans and when it comes to TDKR, it seems almost split down the middle of friends who thought it was great and friends who were disappointed. Just wondering if you guys have had similar reactions from the people you know that are into movies?

I'm really trying to get the disappointed friends to watch it again and in IMAX if they haven't already, since i really do think it grows on you with repeat viewings. But that's kind of a hard sell if they're convinced the movie's not that great and with as much as tickets cost these days, especially IMAX ones.

One of my friends said Project X was better than TDKR :suicide:

One of my friends was never really interested in Batman and he hadn't seen BB or TDK. We went to a movie and TDKR's 3rd trailer played in front of that. He said it looked pretty sweet. After 10 days or so, I made him watch the first two of the trilogy. After BB, he said it was great. Then, he said TDK was brilliant and being really excited for TDKR he went to it in the same day he saw TDK. Actually, night. Anyway, I was sure he would like it, but after the movie he posted on my facebook wall "Thank you so much!" then pm'd me, saying "I could really die right now. I almost cried. It was the best experience I've ever had in a theatre. Nolan is amazing. Everything, the music, the wall, it was... wow...".

So, yeah :lol:

I went to see it with one of my best friends. He saw the previous ones a long time ago and didn't really remember them but he enjoyed the movie a lot. He even explained the blood transfusion part to me because I hadn't got it afterwards. :lol:

Last edited by CallMeSelina on April 30th, 2015, 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

I saw it with five people. Four (including myself) felt slightly disappointed, but still enjoyed it (7's and 8's out of 10). One thought it completely lived up to the hype and gave it a 10.

George wrote:I saw it with five people. Four (including myself) felt slightly disappointed, but still enjoyed it (7's and 8's out of 10). One thought it completely lived up to the hype and gave it a 10.
That guy is a cool guy.

My friends think the ending was terrible and so does my family. IDK why, i love it and they interperet as stupid or Alfred's dream. :sick:
Brave New World

I pulled a Vader/PoG on some guy's ass a while ago on FB. He was saying it deserves less than 6/10.

Most of my close friends love Nolan, and just about everyone of them gave it a 10. :batman: