Early concept art for BANE in TDKR

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Not sure if this has already been posted somewhere or if it can be merged into the Tom Hardy as Bane section, but Ill go ahead and post it. Mods feel free to do whatever:-)

Since my first look a the character of Bane I have always been curious as to what their concept and beginning art looked like and what different ideas they had for Bane's mask. I loved the end result and the look of it. It's quite disturbing. I know that Hemming mentioned inspirations from the Silverback gorilla to a dog muzzle, but here are some more.. from a forthcoming companion guide entitled.. The Art and Making of The Dark Knight Rises.

Here are some 'early sketches' of various masks...what do you all think? thoughts:-)

Article link... ( may contain a spoiler for some so I will use a tag:-)

Had to add..just caught that one of the masks has 'ALL WHITE' by it..how strange would it be if Hardy's mask was white?? interesting choice though...not sure how it would look...white is too pure of a color..symbolizing innocence...very odd color choice to think off...interesting though.
Last edited by Queen of Hearts on July 31st, 2012, 9:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

This could have easily been posted in "Tom Hardy as Bane" or "TDKR Fan Art."

WOAHDADDY
Sigs???

Bacon wrote:This could have easily been posted in "Tom Hardy as Bane" or "TDKR Fan Art."
This isn't a piece of fan art.

-Vader

Bacon wrote:This could have easily been posted in "Tom Hardy as Bane" or "TDKR Fan Art."
Well, I dont think it could be considered 'Fan Art' since I dont believe it was created by fans, but from the movies costume designers and I guess it could have went in the Tom Hardy as Bane section, but decided not to put it there because this thread is not meant to talk about Hardy the actor and his portrayal, but the specific design of the mask and the different creations it could have been. Ill just leave it up to the mods to do what they wish:-)
Last edited by Queen of Hearts on July 31st, 2012, 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vader182 wrote:
This isn't a piece of fan art.

-Vader
Yup your right. My bad. :facepalm:

I hope we get some more on the evolution of his mask on the blu ray special features. I'm hoping for some "Batman Begins" style special features. :twothumbsup:

jcvargas09 wrote:I hope we get some more on the evolution of his mask on the blu ray special features. I'm hoping for some "Batman Begins" style special features. :twothumbsup:
Yeah would be great.

jcvargas09 wrote:I hope we get some more on the evolution of his mask on the blu ray special features. I'm hoping for some "Batman Begins" style special features. :twothumbsup:
Me too:-)

I think the last one in the last row is obviously the one they chose, which I loved...but I kind of like the one before it too...it has three separate pieces...

Queen of Hearts wrote:
Me too:-)

I think the last one in the last row is obviously the one they chose, which I loved...but I kind of like the one before it too...it has three separate pieces...
It wasn't quite there yet in that sketch because the final mask allows for more of his cheek bones to show. :)