Batman Rogues Mythos

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Most of us, including myself, are bias on villain choices because we know more about some and less about others plus we just have our favorites.

What I mean to say is I recommend a simple comic wiki search to get a little more insight when you can't figure out why someone would suggest a certain comic villain for Batman 3.

I can't wait for an official announcement soon of title and villain so we can find out how wrong we all really are.

I'm actually going to suggest a little game. Name a villain you want and why you want them. You must include why! And the next person should reply to agree or disagree and why they agree or disagree. This will help us all to learn more about villains we don't know much about.

Here is an example. Personally my choice is Bane...

Read up on the character some more outside of knightfall then if you disagree fine. Bane is so much more than a thug or "the man who broke the bat." You will find that he's every bit as capable of being on film as any other characters and is more realistic than most including Two Face. And yes is look might need some plausible work.

That... "THING" (rolling eyes) in Schumacer's Batman & Robin was NOT Bane. I don't even allow anyone to refer to it as such. Bane is already a master villain of excellent strength and intellect without the Venom drug. And his back story in Vengeance of Bane is every bit as detailed as Batman's as to why he is who he is and why he is capable of doing what he can do.

I grew very fond of BANE because I decided to get to know him one day. After a day of reading more about him and Black Mask they both came to be characters I appreciated more.

I'm also looking for them to use someone we least expect outside of Catwoman, Riddler, Penguin etc. because most people know those characters. If any film maker can show audiences how huge the world of Batman is its Nolan as he did with Begins by using lesser known villains. Believe me I want to see all the Batman villains on screen but I trust Nolan more than most directors to show people how amazing some of the lesser known Batman villains are.

Why Bane?
He can take Batman physically and mentally. If you don't believe this then read up on him. My problem with many of the other villains is that I believed Ras was in control of Gotham, I believed Joker had Gotham by the throat. The previous villains have been seriously dominant and the entirety of GOTHAM CITY has been as stake.

I don't believe many other villains beside Riddler, Bane and Black Mask can bring Gotham to its knees like that. I really don't see Catwoman doing it so please give me an argument otherwise. Its gonna take smarts more than anything to stop Nolan's batman cause they created a batman that few except Bane I can really believe will take him in a fist fight.

There are many villains I don't know well and even the ones I do know some of you may know more about than I do. So please peak my interest so that I may be intrigued to learn more about them. Thanks.

Keep in mind that multiple villains may be in the film but only ONE is going to be the dominant. Who is capable of following Joker and Ras on a level of clear destruction?

Let's try and make this thread with a reason, to really put some kind of logic in it and not just throw random rogue names...After Comic Con, we'll see what happens... ;)

About that Bane...thingie...Here's my choice which will also be my argument cause, I don't think it's about villains (they're just a sparkle), it's about Batman. :)

THE RIDDLER

Why? Because Batman is at a very, very dark place right now. Rachel Dawes, his best friend from childhood and his ''one true love'' (if you like) is dead, possibly (definitely) because of him being a Batman. Enter: bats, batcave, loneliness, depression. Bruce Wayne is helpless, just like he was in that opera alleyway. Riddler, for me, is not your conventional Edward Nygma, he's someone from the outside, he's new in town. Yes, he likes mindgames, he's extremely intelligent and, of course - a dangerous opponent. If the story arc happens to be the one about ''Hunting The Batman'', the logical approach would be for someone to find about his true identity (enter: Jim Gordon), to completely make him ''naked'', to crush him in a sleep (if he even sleeps right now). Look at it this way: TDK was about Gotham City at peril (again), what if the third one is about Bruce Wayne at peril? Sort of like ''Memento'', battle within a man, not outside? That could be your different approach. Of course, there will be ONE LAST BATTLE IN GOTHAM at the end, but not before Bruce finds out who he really is and what Batman is. People need him and when they find out they do-> they will CALL HIM (enter: batsign).

How? I'm digging ''Memento'' style, again. Tattoos, skinny tall type (muscular in his own way, Guy Pearce? Tom Hardy? Leo DiCaprio? Don't make me even start on this one...), classy green-ish suits (nothing fluorescent or goofy :mrgreen:). Riddles across the movie that could spark that certain ''Prestige'' vibe - YOU'RE GETTING IT, BUT NO - YOU'RE NOT, cause everything will make sense at the end. Enter: flashbacks.

It's sort of like ''Batman: Mindgames'', ''Batman: Sanity'' (not that I want that particular name, mind you), battle within a soul.

SECOND CHOICE VILLAINS (also in this fictional movie of mine)? The Penguin is easy, since Maroni is god knows what/where now. And definitely, as I mentioned in some other thread - Selina Kyle or Talia, with Talia taking the lead since it would be perfect circle with ''Batman Begins'' and yes - she is mentioned in ''BB'' novelization (she lives in Switzerland) and in ''BB'' second disk DVD (not that it matters). :arrow: Also, who wouldn't like Liam Neeson flashbacks? How about him AND Aaron Eckhart? Sort of like, this is THE END, everything that happened happened for a reason and this is how we got here, Batman's legacy. Nothing fancy, few references to Dent (5 killings?), Ra's...THE JOKER HAS ESCAPED AT THE END, OF COURSE!!! Never ending battle that will continue in our minds, just like it did after ''BB'' :shock:

Keep 'em coming, August is a looong way, if we even get that long awaited synopsis by then.

m4st4 WOW! man you should write the script or something! brilliant summary! i hope they dont return to a linear structure as in the dak knight ! :D :)

m4st4 WOW! man you should write the script or something! brilliant summary! i hope they dont return to a linear structure as in the dak knight ! :D :)
Naah man, I'm just geeking out ;) And I'm actually sick of imagining things...Give us something, oh dear Comic Con! ;)

P.S. I must say...I'm still hooked on this fantasy of mine :mrgreen:

http://www.nolanfans.com/forums/viewtop ... =33&t=1395