Do you like? (Spoilers) poll

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.

Did you like that Blake is Robin?

Yes, I definitely liked it
38
72%
I am indifferent
12
23%
I did not like it at all
3
6%
 
Total votes: 53

User avatar
Posts: 42518
Joined: May 2010
That Blake is Robin?

This is clearly controversial amongst many people so I thought a poll would be cool.

User avatar
Forum Pro
Posts: 54845
Joined: May 2010
Location: Jackson County
Surprise surprise.
    "Just a girl. Not a threat."

    User avatar
    Posts: 5329
    Joined: December 2010
    Location: Bucharest
    I was really surprised when that came up, considering that Nolan said he wouldn't include Robin. But, in the end, I loved it and how Nolan did it, because he isn't necessarily Robin. He is a hero. And a hero can be anyone. In the end, we don't see the character of Robin or another comic book hero, in the last shot we see a new hero rising. And that's important. Loved it.

    User avatar
    Posts: 25896
    Joined: June 2011
    Blake might not be Robin. Blake's whatever you interpret it to be. Robin could be a nod to the fans and he becomes Nightwing. Or he takes on the mantle of Batman. Or he DOES become Robin. OR he doesn't become anything and he stays a random dude. It's whatever you make it out to be. That's why Nolan did it in a way. And Allstar, bitch all you want. What you perceive as the ending is not what it HAS to be to anyone else. Your opinion only matters to you and it makes you seem like a dick when you try to force it on others.
    Image

    User avatar
    Posts: 42518
    Joined: May 2010
    Alberto wrote:I was really surprised when that came up, considering that Nolan said he wouldn't include Robin. But, in the end, I loved it and how Nolan did it, because he isn't necessarily Robin. He is a hero. And a hero can be anyone. In the end, we don't see the character of Robin or another comic book hero, in the last shot we see a new hero rising. And that's important. Loved it.
    But he was very much meant to be Robin. he has many characteristics from the 3 Robins of the comic books. So instead of using one of their names like Dick Grayson, they combined all 3 and named him simply Robin.

    User avatar
    Posts: 5329
    Joined: December 2010
    Location: Bucharest
    Allstar wrote:
    Alberto wrote:I was really surprised when that came up, considering that Nolan said he wouldn't include Robin. But, in the end, I loved it and how Nolan did it, because he isn't necessarily Robin. He is a hero. And a hero can be anyone. In the end, we don't see the character of Robin or another comic book hero, in the last shot we see a new hero rising. And that's important. Loved it.
    But he was very much meant to be Robin. he has many characteristics from the 3 Robins of the comic books. So instead of using one of their names like Dick Grayson, they combined all 3 and named him simply Robin.
    I'm not saying he isn't Robin. He is. But that doesn't matter. Nolan showed that he becomes a hero. A new hero. And that was what I loved.

    User avatar
    Posts: 42518
    Joined: May 2010
    Bacon wrote:
    Blake might not be Robin. Blake's whatever you interpret it to be. Robin could be a nod to the fans and he becomes Nightwing. Or he takes on the mantle of Batman. Or he DOES become Robin. OR he doesn't become anything and he stays a random dude. It's whatever you make it out to be. That's why Nolan did it in a way. And Allstar, bitch all you want. What you perceive as the ending is not what it HAS to be to anyone else. Your opinion only matters to you and it makes you seem like a dick when you try to force it on others.
    This video is very flawed but the point about all the 3 Robins is accurate.
    Last edited by Allstar on July 28th, 2012, 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

    User avatar
    Posts: 4395
    Joined: July 2012
    Location: Here, there, what's the difference?
    I don't think he is Robin. To me, there's no Robin without Batman. And the current Batman of TDKR has hung up. His name was merely a wink to the Batman fans but nothing more. I think he's the next Batman, or maybe another hero but certainly not Robin.

    User avatar
    Posts: 5329
    Joined: December 2010
    Location: Bucharest
    Batman Beyond?

    User avatar
    Posts: 42518
    Joined: May 2010
    SomeFrenchToast wrote:
    I don't think he is Robin. To me, there's no Robin without Batman. And the current Batman of TDKR has hung up. His name was merely a wink to the Batman fans but nothing more. I think he's the next Batman, or maybe another hero but certainly not Robin.
    Robin has worked on his own many times in the comics

    Post Reply