Tom Conti as the Badass Mentor Prisoner

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
He has a gorgeous double chin.

pauljt wrote:First time poster here (it may prove a one-off). I too loved this character. The best of many established actors in small roles, also liked William Devane as President.

Disagree about the description as mentor; which evokes Ra's al Ghul in Begins. Watching I thought he was clearly a surrogate for Alfred.

If you want to give him a name, I suggest Wilfred. Alfred’s brother as referred to in Batman & Robin and the comics.
I hadn't looked at it this way but I really like that, he really does give Bruce a pit Alfred. Him and the blind prisoner are sort of Bruce's pit Alfred and Lucius. I guess they need mentors for Bruce to figure out the right thing to do cinematically.

^i agree, he reminded me of alfred. when i saw the 2nd trailer back in december, you couldn't see him clearly but he looked like alfred. even more, he sounded like alfred when he said, "rise."

Saw on the HuffPost him described as ‘Bruce's bizarro-world Alfred’ I like this description almost as much as my ‘surrogate Alfred’ http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/2 ... 99091.html

Nice and reaffirming to find others of a similar mind. Thank for your comments.

His remark, "Ah, supplies for your journey. That's very nice," cracks me up every viewing. Bruce's amused expression afterwards was priceless, too. Perhaps after climbing out of the pit, the mentor found Bruce and is now working for him. :lol:

Baniac wrote:His remark, "Ah, supplies for your journey. That's very nice," cracks me up every viewing. Bruce's amused expression afterwards was priceless, too. Perhaps after climbing out of the pit, the mentor found Bruce and is now working for him. :lol:
Yeah, that was very funny. The way he says it, like hes moking Bruce. :lol:
Brave New World

He was a good addition to the film and Conti's voice is amazing.

very good voice and good choice as the mentor prisoner. hell, i can see him working with JGL as replacement Alfred

"I won't die in here."

"Here, there. What's the difference?"