Banes plan

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
I do think that Talia doesn't want to reveal herself at the first place (she wont have to as well IF batman didn't come back), but she had to, because Bane was beat down at that time

RIFA wrote:
SomeFrenchToast wrote:
I think you forget one point: Bane is not the League.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dumbest thing I've read.
He was in the League. Talia brought him back, obviously. Pedal faster.
Hey now, there's no reason to be mean.
Sorry if it seems naive, but that doesn't help anyone improve/focus ideas about TDKR.
"When you see your neighbor carryin' something/Help him with his load"--Bob Dylan
Peace out.

Bob Dylan ripped off Jesus with that quote.

No... Dylan isn't Jesus.

SantomTheWhite wrote:Bob Dylan ripped off Jesus with that quote.

No... Dylan isn't Jesus.
Agreed... Dylan got Incepted back in 1963 to think he was Jesus.

RIFA wrote:
SomeFrenchToast wrote:
I think you forget one point: Bane is not the League.

Dumbest thing I've read.
He was in the League, but he is not the League. What I mean is, he obviously doesn't act like Ra's would want him to act if he's supposed to still be in the League, Talia or not. Maybe you should think a bit more about what people say before making fun of them. :)

You're kinda both wrong, unless you guys are being unintentionally misleading. Bane was in the league, excommunicated, then when Ra's died, his succesor, Talia, took control. She gave Bane the position Bruce would have had, were Ra's still in command. It's ambiguous what degree of the plan was devised by Talia or Bane, but it's pretty clear they were close in rank and power.
-Vader

SomeFrenchToast wrote:
RIFA wrote:

Dumbest thing I've read.
He was in the League, but he is not the League. What I mean is, he obviously doesn't act like Ra's would want him to act if he's supposed to still be in the League, Talia or not. Maybe you should think a bit more about what people say before making fun of them. :)
well
he might not be the type Ra's hoped to be, but now he's the leader of the league alongside Talia, and you can clearly see his influence within the ranks, everyone respect (or feared i should say) him, and its not wrong to say "he's the league" because often organizations changed according to their current leader

When I say he's not the League, I mean he's not the League we've known with BB and Ra's. I should have added that. I know the League has changed with him and Talia in charge, and that's the answer to Skyab's wonder on page 1: he, along with Talia, is the new League, the one that is willing to sacrifice itself to do what is necessary, because they're more extremist than Ra's. Same ideas, same means, but like I said to a more dedicated level.

ryan4butler wrote:
Step 1- Infiltrate Wayne ent. with alias of Mirandia Tate
Step 2- Push forward the fusion reactor plans for the company
Step 3- FInd Dr. Pavel to arm the bomb (kidnapp him)
Step 4- Attain Bruce Wayne's finger prints
Step 5- Corrupt the finaces of Wayne ent. and Bruce Wayne
Step 6- Get 3 board members including President, chair and CEO to unlock the reactor
Step 7- Force Pavil to arm the reactor to become a nutron bomb
Step 8- Destroy Gotham
You're missing the part where
Bane facilitates the lower class uprising and lets Gotham exist for months before destroying it, while posing as a freedom fighter for the people.

This part of the plan is fuzzy to me (I've only seen the film once so I may have missed/forgotten something). I'm pretty sure it has something to do with Bane's line to Bruce that there is no true despair unless there is still some hope left. But is the hope in this situation supposed to be that the bomb may never go off, as Foley mistakenly believes, and the people may someday be freed from Bane's reign? Or do the people of Gotham enjoy this new world order of equality and that is the hope and optimism (this seems less likely to me)? Or is it just the simple idea that, they have a bomb and it might go off, or it might not--even though, of course, it's going off no matter what--and the class warfare is merely a distraction and excuse to isolate Gotham and prolong its destruction to foster that "hope"? I guess I am just trying to figure out where the class war fits in with the philosophy of the plan, if at all.
Does anyone have any clear understanding of this? Sorry if this has been posted in another thread somewhere, this board is exploding right now and I am trying to keep up.

Bane says
I am the league of shadows - I am sure. I'm really curious to comprehend if talia thinks she is carrying out rhas plan. Or as many of you have suggested bane represents a more fanatical , radical part of the league. And hence the plan isn't about restoring ecological balance to Gotham. It's about suffering. Which I suppose points all fingers toward soley making Gotham suffer to "break" Bruce

"When Gotham is ashes ... Then you have my permission to die."