Banes plan

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Firstly let me echo many people's sentiments. The film is a tremendous bookend to the trilogy. I do think the pace is super fast, especially for a Nolan movie. I'd love to see a 4 hour cut. I am well aware, as most of us are that there are a few plot holes ( not unlike the dark knight) but I believe many of these could be cleared up with a few more scenes or further development of dialogue.

Anyway to my point
Talias motives are curious. Does she tell bane her full plan? The premise of the plot early on seems to be that the league of shadows, now run by bane, are there to destroy Gotham. This plan would contradict the leagues plan in batman begins because Gotham has been saved and is now prospering. I guess the big question is is the intended destruction of Gotham soley to break Bruce ?

I'm guessing that they didn't approve of building Gotham anew from a lie, protecting a murderer.

When you think about it, Bane doesn't explicitly target Bruce until after he refuses to leave with Talia. I'm guessing that Talia was trying to do a much more subtle way of her father's "it should be you standing by my side" and when he refused Talia ordered Bane to do what was necessary.
Crazy Eight wrote:
Allstar wrote: Thoughts on Michael Fassbender?
no ur a assbender

gkane21 wrote:Firstly let me echo many people's sentiments. The film is a tremendous bookend to the trilogy. I do think the pace is super fast, especially for a Nolan movie. I'd love to see a 4 hour cut. I am well aware, as most of us are that there are a few plot holes ( not unlike the dark knight) but I believe many of these could be cleared up with a few more scenes or further development of dialogue.

Anyway to my point
Talias motives are curious. Does she tell bane her full plan? The premise of the plot early on seems to be that the league of shadows, now run by bane, are there to destroy Gotham. This plan would contradict the leagues plan in batman begins because Gotham has been saved and is now prospering. I guess the big question is is the intended destruction of Gotham soley to break Bruce ?
Presumably Talia and Bane were in cahoots the entire time and their plane was well organized. Certainly the destruction of Gotham isn't just to break Bruce but to follow with the League's theory of corruption and restoring balance. But one thing does stand out to me: In Batman Begins, the League is willing to destroy Gotham yet in Rises they are willing to destory Gotham AND sacrifice themselves. This is something that Ras and company surely weren't planning to do.

They do absolutely seem more fanatical - that is for certain. Is this a show of commitment to the cause, or to rhas? The
The next question is
I presume talia knows batman is Bruce because of her dad, or members of the league, but something which is not considered is how does bane know where the armoury is? What else does he know about Bruce and how???

Step 1- Infiltrate Wayne ent. with alias of Mirandia Tate
Step 2- Push forward the fusion reactor plans for the company
Step 3- FInd Dr. Pavel to arm the bomb (kidnapp him)
Step 4- Attain Bruce Wayne's finger prints
Step 5- Corrupt the finaces of Wayne ent. and Bruce Wayne
Step 6- Get 3 board members including President, chair and CEO to unlock the reactor
Step 7- Force Pavil to arm the reactor to become a nutron bomb
Step 8- Destroy Gotham
Brave New World

Skyab23 wrote:
gkane21 wrote:Firstly let me echo many people's sentiments. The film is a tremendous bookend to the trilogy. I do think the pace is super fast, especially for a Nolan movie. I'd love to see a 4 hour cut. I am well aware, as most of us are that there are a few plot holes ( not unlike the dark knight) but I believe many of these could be cleared up with a few more scenes or further development of dialogue.

Anyway to my point
Presumably Talia and Bane were in cahoots the entire time and their plane was well organized. Certainly the destruction of Gotham isn't just to break Bruce but to follow with the League's theory of corruption and restoring balance. But one thing does stand out to me: In Batman Begins, the League is willing to destroy Gotham yet in Rises they are willing to destory Gotham AND sacrifice themselves. This is something that Ras and company surely weren't planning to do.
I think you forget one point: Bane is not the League. He says he is, and he's helped by Ra's' daughter, but does that mean it's the truth? I don't think so. Remember, Ra's excommunicated Bane for being too extremist, and Talia follows him instead of her dad because she loves him. So she probably also agrees with his extremist ideas, which are the same than Ra's' but to a more dedicated level, so to speak. Which means (to me), that he'd be ready to sacrifice himself to serve "true justice", contrary to Ra's.

darthnazgul wrote:
I'm guessing that they didn't approve of building Gotham anew from a lie, protecting a murderer.

When you think about it, Bane doesn't explicitly target Bruce until after he refuses to leave with Talia. I'm guessing that Talia was trying to do a much more subtle way of her father's "it should be you standing by my side" and when he refused Talia ordered Bane to do what was necessary.
I doubt Talia was trying to enlist Bruce again. The fact that at the end she tells him getting vengeance against him for her father's death was a bonus to destroying Gotham.

Anyway to my point
I was wondering about this. in Begins the plan is for Gotham to tear itself apart, creating a metaphor for how Gotham has operated for years, and this will make the rest of the world sort of straighten up and fly right. I'm not sure just nukeing Gotham has the same effect.
Oh well, still a great movie.

Anyway to my point
Bane was the one that told Dr. Pavel to remove the thing that kept the reactor stable. Dr. Pavel even stated by doing that the reactor would become unstable and detonate in a matter of months. Bane then said, for the sake of Pavel's kids he hopes it will! CLEARLY BANE WAS AWARE. And to answer your other question, yes & no. Bane & Talia wanted to fulfill Ra's objective which was to wipe away Gotham, but Talia had additional motive in which Bane too was well aware of which was to break Bruce at the same time because of him being the reason Ra's was "killed".

SomeFrenchToast wrote:
I think you forget one point: Bane is not the League.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dumbest thing I've read.
He was in the League. Talia brought him back, obviously. Pedal faster.