Were you fooled? [MAJOR SPOILERS]

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.

Did you think Batman was really dead when he faked his death?

Yes
63%
No
37%

Total votes: 60

Be honest, were you fooled, at least for a minute, when Batman/Bruce faked his death? Up until Fox learned the auto pilot was fixed and Alfred walked into the cafe and nodded at Bruce, did any of you think that Nolan had done the unthinkable and actually killed the Dark Knight? I most certainly. The trick worked on me up until I saw Alfred walk into that cafe, and I was crying. When I saw Bruce's face I was so happy I almost stood up and cheered, then I realized the credits weren't rolling yet. LOL. Now be honest, were you fooled by Nolan's trick for that short period of time? Of course, this only really works if you didn't read the ending online beforehand.

BatMan528491 wrote:
Be honest, were you fooled, at least for a minute, when Batman/Bruce faked his death? Up until Fox learned the auto pilot was fixed and Alfred walked into the cafe and nodded at Bruce, did any of you think that Nolan had done the unthinkable and actually killed the Dark Knight? I most certainly. The trick worked on me up until I saw Alfred walk into that cafe, and I was crying. When I saw Bruce's face I was so happy I almost stood up and cheered, then I realized the credits weren't rolling yet. LOL. Now be honest, were you fooled by Nolan's trick for that short period of time? Of course, this only really works if you didn't read the ending online beforehand.
I was fooled right until the point of the auto pilot, but before that, the funeral and the statue were convincing that he was dead but were fooled once again by Nolan :lol:
And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig

i was,
especially because i read the David Letterman goof news before that

Dan_87 wrote:i was,
especially because i read the David Letterman goof news before that
I read all spoilers so I knew the last scene existed. :(
Brave New World

Not for a second.

Not at all.
Do you... like pineapple?

Yes. I admit it.
Sigs???

No. I refused to believe it. Especially with all that Alfred "be happy" wish and Auto-Pilot set-ups. And boy was I happy to see Bruce and Selina together at the end.

I was fooled, cried like a baby...then BOOM! Bruce's still alive, I was furious :P

I wish I didn't have to be fooled.
In my opinion, these "fake out" death scenes are becoming way to common in cinema these days. I really wanted to see Nolan take the "controversial" and extremely ballsy route, by actually killing off batman. I can't shake the feeling that Nolan just conformed to the "Hollywood fake death fad" if you will.
But, I supposed it would be unsatisfactory to a majority of audience members. A fantastic movie regardless.