[SPOILERS] Analogies to BB and TDK

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
When Bane talks to Bruce about true despair, Falcone's line in BB: "You never tasted desperate."
Still related to Falcone when he says to Bruce: "People from your world have so much to lose." and this what happens in TDKR: Bruce loses Alfred, he's already lost Rachel, he loses his fortune. He doesn't lose his mansion nor even hope, but he still loses a lot.

He also
loses his electricity.

When Bane is about to trash Gotham Stock Exchange, the guy he later beats up says something about flipping a coin. This is obviously a referance to Harvey Dent.

Did anyone mention
Bruce smashing the cowl while testing its durability in BB and Bane smashing the cowl in TDKR
?

Uh, none of these are "analogies". The word you're looking for (i think) is "allusions".

Joeyjojo72 wrote:Uh, none of these are "analogies". The word you're looking for (i think) is "allusions".
False.

analogy |əˈnaləjē|
noun ( pl. -gies)
a comparison between two things, typically on the basis of their structure and for the purpose of explanation or clarification : an analogy between the workings of nature and those of human societies | he interprets logical functions by analogy with machines.
• a correspondence or partial similarity : the syndrome is called deep dysgraphia because of its analogy to deep dyslexia.
• a thing that is comparable to something else in significant respects : works of art were seen as an analogy for works of nature.
• Logic: a process of arguing from similarity in known respects to similarity in other respects.
• Linguistics: a process by which new words and inflections are created on the basis of regularities in the form of existing ones.
• Biology: the resemblance of function between organs that have a different evolutionary origin.

Lol nah its definitely allusion. sorry. at least the majority of examples here are allusions.

And making analogies between movies that are so closely related would be a complete waste of time from an analytical standpoint.
But hey, you want to call it "analogy", go for it.

Sure, and you'd say "allusions to" or "analogies between". And we're talking about TDKR, not TDK. The point is, who gives a shit? Are we going to nitpick every thread title while we nitpick the movie?

I am sorry there are now 4 useless posts in this thread. I should have just ignored you :facepalm:

Seriously.

Joeyjojo72 wrote:Seriously.
Does it really fuckin matter? I was in fact gonna call it "parallels" but it won't let me edit anymore.